Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
With changing times, values change. all ancient knowledge is not valid today. So, we have to adapt that to current conditions. for example, now we should use electric crematorium instead of using wood to cremate the dead bodies.

As regards epics, these are stories of kings and kingdom, their internal quarrels and war between different kings. There is nothing significant in these. But there is great value in ancient astronomy, mathematics, Ayurveda (ancient medical science).

We should accept what suits us- old or new.

There is a quote in the holy bible ...where there is no vision,there people will perish...and in Bhagavadgita ' Action is the product of the qualities inherent in nature ! how true that is !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Old scriptures and books teach us the moral values that one must have in order to be a good human being. Though many don't read them or would ever read those but still they must have some knowledge about these scriptures.

Yes some of them have some of the good teachings but we do not have to follow those teachings without understanding them fully well.

Definitely ! They were all written with a purpose and by wise men of that period of time.Bhagavadgita is still very relevant in many ways,one can see a lot of life's truths in it..

Yes I too had that one in my mind but I cannot follow it blindly- I have one of its Upadesh as my favorite that suggests to keep working but never expect the fruit. I like the first part of it but I certainly like to have the result. Why should I work for no fruit or result if I have planted a tree of fruits.

I agree with you I would certainly want to get the rewards for my deeds. Nobody in the world does anything just because they have to do it but because tehy expect a certain outcome out of it.

Live in the present :)
With changing times, values change. all ancient knowledge is not valid today. So, we have to adapt that to current conditions. for example, now we should use electric crematorium instead of using wood to cremate the dead bodies.

As regards epics, these are stories of kings and kingdom, their internal quarrels and war between different kings. There is nothing significant in these. But there is great value in ancient astronomy, mathematics, Ayurveda (ancient medical science).

There is a quote in the holy bible ...where there is no vision,there people will perish...and in Bhagavadgita ' Action is the product of the qualities inherent in nature ! how true that is !

Bible is Holy book. Similarly, Bhagwad Geetha contains philosophy of life delivered by Lord Krishna. These differ from epics and Puranas that are more or less stories about kings and kingdom. The stories also contain moral values but largely these are of entertainment value. Hence, there is greater crowd in Satsang of Puranas and epics. Very few would visit a religious gathering on Bhagwad Geetha and Vedas.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Bible is Holy book. Similarly, Bhagwad Geetha contains philosophy of life delivered by Lord Krishna. These differ from epics and Puranas that are more or less stories about kings and kingdom. The stories also contain moral values but largely these are of entertainment value. Hence, there is greater crowd in Satsang of Puranas and epics. Very few would visit a religious gathering on Bhagwad Geetha and Vedas.

Even if the gatherings are big and they consist of modern and educated looking people but most of them go out of curiosity and expecting something out of the world. In fact this is all part of the game which certain people have taken as for their earning means. These satsangs are one of the biggest businesses in the world today.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Even if the gatherings are big and they consist of modern and educated looking people but most of them go out of curiosity and expecting something out of the world. In fact this is all part of the game which certain people have taken as for their earning means. These satsangs are one of the biggest businesses in the world today.

I agree that Satsang and Pravachanas have become more of a social gathering.But that is change and I am sure that there have been many changes over the centuries which have all not been positive...I guess , an individual follows and goes after something that benefits him the most ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.