Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Such situations are really a cause of concern. When a person does higher studies in one subject and get a job which is totally unrelated to that subject it is wastage from all aspects- time to get the degree in that subject, knowledge acquired and also the opportunity for someone else. Sometimes, I feel that many students don't think properly when opting for a particular subject. They often opt for a particular subject because their friends are opting it. And that's where the problems begin.

This is very true Jabeen. Most people really do opt for the subjects that their friends opt for without actually making a study of whether they themselves have an interest or vocation for.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such situations are really a cause of concern. When a person does higher studies in one subject and get a job which is totally unrelated to that subject it is wastage from all aspects- time to get the degree in that subject, knowledge acquired and also the opportunity for someone else. Sometimes, I feel that many students don't think properly when opting for a particular subject. They often opt for a particular subject because their friends are opting it. And that's where the problems begin.

This is very true Jabeen. Most people really do opt for the subjects that their friends opt for without actually making a study of whether they themselves have an interest or vocation for.

Also, choosing subjects according to the courses available in the nearest college, without even thinking if they have chosen the right option. Just taking college as option instead of subject :evil:

Meera sandhu
It happens to me also. I have passed AITT in fitter but I am working in instrument field. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

is that very hard for you to find the related works?
I thought there should be a lot of opportunities for your field?
Now I remember a scene from 3 idiots where Aamir calls Kareena's fiancee an ass. I can't remember those dialogues fully. Yet, it's so funny

Hi Sandhya
I didnt watch the movie 3 idiots
I dun get you I am sorry

I searched you tube.....but couldn't find that particular scene :(

I bookmarked the movie long time ago
I shall watch in one day soon :laugh:
That is really a waste of her nutritionist course. But there are many who end up like this. I think she should still try and search for a job according to her course side by side.

She told me that her seniors mostly ended up doing other jobs
Guess its really difficult to get the related jobs for a nutrition in my country

This happens because of lack of guidance. There are many who realize after years of studies that this should not have been the subject of my study. At the time when a person is off the school it is very difficult for him.her to judge what is right and wrong for him/her. They tend to follow the crowd and not their interests. But even if one follows one's interests it doesn't guarantee that all good will happen in the future.

Agreed with Asha that the main reason is that most of us are lack of guidance
In such a competitive era
Many students once completing their high school, want to further their studies as soon as possible
without doing researches and guidance from others
they simply google it and choose something that which they think they will be able to make big bucks
instead of something that they like and something that they can cope with it
Todd, did she really try to find a job that is related to her degree??? Actually, now there are many upscale hi-end gyms opening in major cities and towns who employ young people like your friend with a degree in nutrition. She should start by making a list of such gyms, I don't where you or your friend live, but she can easily find the information. Also, major hospitals also employ people with degree in nutritions. Unless she takes efforts to find such places and potential for her degree, she will not find the right job.

Hi Kalyani
I dun think we have the positions for nutrition in hi-end gyms in Malaysia here
She has been trying hard to get related job
She told me that she will do the banking job for the mean time and she is still searching for new job
That is really a waste of her nutritionist course. But there are many who end up like this. I think she should still try and search for a job according to her course side by side.

She told me that her seniors mostly ended up doing other jobs
Guess its really difficult to get the related jobs for a nutrition in my country

She can try in some fitness centers as they do demand nutritionists for providing consultation to their clients.

Live in the present :)
Todd, did she really try to find a job that is related to her degree??? Actually, now there are many upscale hi-end gyms opening in major cities and towns who employ young people like your friend with a degree in nutrition. She should start by making a list of such gyms, I don't where you or your friend live, but she can easily find the information. Also, major hospitals also employ people with degree in nutritions. Unless she takes efforts to find such places and potential for her degree, she will not find the right job.

Hi Kalyani
I dun think we have the positions for nutrition in hi-end gyms in Malaysia here
She has been trying hard to get related job
She told me that she will do the banking job for the mean time and she is still searching for new job

Oh you are both from Malaysia?? I thought you were in India so I suggested that! but still, there surely will be hospitals that have use for nutritionists??
Yes, her decision to work at the bank is reasonable now as she cannot remain jobless until she finds something of her interest, but how about Spas, I think Malayasia has a good number of Spas now to attract tourists and she may yet find something suitable for her! My best wishes to her!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This case is similar with my one. I didn't get the job of my choice. Thus I am now self employed here in boddunan. I feel it is better to work sitting back at home in leisure hours rather than rushing outside here and there.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.