Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That is really a waste of her nutritionist course. But there are many who end up like this. I think she should still try and search for a job according to her course side by side.

She told me that her seniors mostly ended up doing other jobs
Guess its really difficult to get the related jobs for a nutrition in my country

She can try in some fitness centers as they do demand nutritionists for providing consultation to their clients.

Hi Asha
as mentioned above for kalyani reply
I dun think our fitness centers in Malaysia here actually provide nutritionist for clients
thus she will not be able to get a job in fitness centers
Todd, did she really try to find a job that is related to her degree??? Actually, now there are many upscale hi-end gyms opening in major cities and towns who employ young people like your friend with a degree in nutrition. She should start by making a list of such gyms, I don't where you or your friend live, but she can easily find the information. Also, major hospitals also employ people with degree in nutritions. Unless she takes efforts to find such places and potential for her degree, she will not find the right job.

Hi Kalyani
I dun think we have the positions for nutrition in hi-end gyms in Malaysia here
She has been trying hard to get related job
She told me that she will do the banking job for the mean time and she is still searching for new job

Oh you are both from Malaysia?? I thought you were in India so I suggested that! but still, there surely will be hospitals that have use for nutritionists??
Yes, her decision to work at the bank is reasonable now as she cannot remain jobless until she finds something of her interest, but how about Spas, I think Malayasia has a good number of Spas now to attract tourists and she may yet find something suitable for her! My best wishes to her!

Yes we are Malaysian :)
She is really brave to do that as she actually received a lot of critics from friends in our groups
they are like...scorn at her :(
Also
I dun think our spas have suitable positions for her too :pinch:
Todd, did she really try to find a job that is related to her degree??? Actually, now there are many upscale hi-end gyms opening in major cities and towns who employ young people like your friend with a degree in nutrition. She should start by making a list of such gyms, I don't where you or your friend live, but she can easily find the information. Also, major hospitals also employ people with degree in nutritions. Unless she takes efforts to find such places and potential for her degree, she will not find the right job.

Hi Kalyani
She told me that she will do the banking job for the mean time and she is still searching for new job

Oh you are both from Malaysia?? I thought you were in India so I suggested that! but still, there surely will be hospitals that have use for nutritionists??
Yes, her decision to work at the bank is reasonable now as she cannot remain jobless until she finds something of her interest, but how about Spas, I think Malayasia has a good number of Spas now to attract tourists and she may yet find something suitable for her! My best wishes to her!

She is really brave to do that as she actually received a lot of critics from friends in our groups
Also

Well, if there is lack of scope then I guess one have to make best use of the available job.But then the question arises, what are the factors to be considered when opting for a subject? Should a student only opt the subject according to his/her interest or should factors like the scope for employment, its usefulness in future etc also be considered?
Thank you said by: Todd

Hi Kalyani

Also

Well, if there is lack of scope then I guess one have to make best use of the available job.But then the question arises, what are the factors to be considered when opting for a subject? Should a student only opt the subject according to his/her interest or should factors like the scope for employment, its usefulness in future etc also be considered?

I believe the student should undergo good quality of career counselling before jumping off to any college or course. The career counselors guide you on various aspects of the scope, your aptitude towards the field and much more. Moreover I think one must consider the employment in the sector and not go for a field that has very less demand in the market.

Live in the present :)

Hi Kalyani

Also

I believe the student should undergo good quality of career counselling before jumping off to any college or course. The career counselors guide you on various aspects of the scope, your aptitude towards the field and much more. Moreover I think one must consider the employment in the sector and not go for a field that has very less demand in the market.

Career counselling would certainly help students a lot. However it is yet to become popular in many regions. The general trend is for the students to consult only their parents, seniors, teachers,friends etc. If they choose the subject which they cannot use in any way in future, it is really a big wastage of human resources.
This case is similar with my one. I didn't get the job of my choice. Thus I am now self employed here in boddunan. I feel it is better to work sitting back at home in leisure hours rather than rushing outside here and there.

Me too...
Am also a bit lazy now to go out for a job.
I studied Computer Applications and Business Management. Yet, now am thinking about writing articles and starting blogs :silly:
Entirely different from what I have studied :huh: :huh:

Meera sandhu

Hi Kalyani

Also

Career counselling would certainly help students a lot. However it is yet to become popular in many regions. The general trend is for the students to consult only their parents, seniors, teachers,friends etc. If they choose the subject which they cannot use in any way in future, it is really a big wastage of human resources.

We had career counselling in our schools but just one session and we hardly knew about it much at that time. It is really beneficial as you tend to discover your real aptitudes.

I think for your friend now she must continue with her job and expect to achieve the best in whatever she is doing. Its better to work than sit idle and waste your time.

Live in the present :)

Hi Kalyani

Also

There are career guidance seminars being conducted every now and then, the problem is that they are not given enough publicity .You get to see an ad in the paper and a few posters here and there.But even then they are packed to capacity.If there are more such seminars and work shops , many would benefit and the problem of under employment could be solved to a great extent ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is unfortunate situation.

We got a degree in one field and doing job in another.

I suggest pl. we must try our job in same field.

Be positive
This is unfortunate situation.

We got a degree in one field and doing job in another.

I suggest pl. we must try our job in same field.

She wanted to but couldnt get any offers in this field :pinch:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.