Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is great stuff. You could have written article on this. This is very informative topic for all software students.
Puneet, can you work a little more on it and submit it as an article here...add a few more points if you can

Meera sandhu
It has been three years in to software industry and I still wonder upon where I have reached. I remember discussing career with my friends over and over again in my college time, right from the best industry to the salary package offered. We constantly talked about the company to join and the programming language to chose to better up our career. I'm sure there would be so many who doesn't really know of the various profiles open other than being a code developer in the field of Engineering and I truly wish that this article helps you so in that case.

Once you are done with your engineering, you are fresh and let me make this very clear that though your college projects would help you get into the best industry, only your skills will take you to the right career. Below are few of the options:

1. Code Developer : One who does programming in the software to create applications.
2. Test Engineer: One who performs testing on the codes prepared by a code developer
3. Technical Writer: One who prepares Release notes that go with the deliveries, Data sheets etc..
4. Project Manager: Though this field may not be for fresher, but with a few years of experience, you can be one. A project Manager is the one who manages timely deliveries, quality of deliverable, resources. This would include management of Code Developer, Test Engineer and Technical Writer
5. Customer Support Engineer: When you provide a service in the market, there are full changes of getting bugs and customers need people to help them troubleshoot and answer their queries.
6. Other than the above we have other profiles like Marketing, Sales based on your interest and skill set.

With above fields open, I guess now the carrier option opens up for all of us to select from. As they say, "Your work should be such that you should have the passion to pay to work for." B)

This is reallyl a good information as Many persons dont know what to do after computer engineering.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Puneet, can you work a little more on it and submit it as an article here...add a few more points if you can

Yes Sandhya,
Sure. I'll prepare and article on this and will share with more details ASAP.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Done. Article Written.
If any editor can please review it.
I'll be thankful.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Done. Article Written.
If any editor can please review it.
I'll be thankful.

Now admin reviews articles. Hoping he will approve it :)

Meera sandhu
Now let me discuss something about the thread....
For all freshers who have just come out of IT colleges, I have just 1 advice. After 6 months, you will lose the advantage of a fresher. So, get into a job as early as possible. Never look into salary. Choose software field only. Never go for teaching or outsourcing .........
If you are able to get into a company, stay there for 6 months or 1 year minimum to get an experience certificate so that when you are applying in a big company next, the first thing they are looking is, if you have stayed out without working ins s/w field at least for a few months. If so, you will get a negative impression which you have to carry forward.
Always, they should have an impression that you are a working fellow.......so, get into any company, even if a small one.....in s/w field only. Later, they will train you if they are implementing new s/ws.
So, it's most important to get into a company, if you have no aims of learning further. If you want to become a professor, you can go for Mtech and pass NET exam. Otherwise don't waste your time.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.