I like this idiom since it is so apt - Making mountains out of a mole hill, most people have this habit of exaggerating things.....

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10479]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This phrase is a favorite tool of Braggarts to impress the people around them. They exaggerate everything around them. And all those things they want to exaggerate are trivia. People around them know pretty well, all that junk is but exaggeration.
But there are people who believe in making everything big by using this phrase indiscriminately. The intention behind all these exaggerations is to grab the attention
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Many people have the habit of exaggerrating very small things that they come across in day-to-day life just to attract attention.
But I personally feel that this will create only distance in relationship.
However, exaggeration is necessary when there is comedy or thrill. Making a mountain out of the molehill is important to pass the message on.
However, exaggeration is necessary when there is comedy or thrill. Making a mountain out of the molehill is important to pass the message on.

That depends on the situation and context. Its not applicable to serious conditions. For some its a habit
Yes there are many who have the habit of making mountains out of molehills, probably a symptom of attracting attention or trying to be taken seriously by others, but they do not realize that they lose credibility instead!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This phrase is a favorite tool of Braggarts to impress the people around them. They exaggerate everything around them. And all those things they want to exaggerate are trivia. People around them know pretty well, all that junk is but exaggeration.
But there are people who believe in making everything big by using this phrase indiscriminately. The intention behind all these exaggerations is to grab the attention

Very true, reminds me of an instance when a MLA from one of the constituencies from our state made a speech where he read out all his achievements , but the audience was smarter , one of them came on the dias and took over the mike and said that all the achievements were on paper only and none of them had still been implemented...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true, reminds me of an instance when a MLA from one of the constituencies from our state made a speech where he read out all his achievements , but the audience was smarter , one of them came on the dias and took over the mike and said that all the achievements were on paper only and none of them had still been implemented...

Smart fellow!!!

I guess most braggarts need to be shown the dust time and again, if not to keep them humble but to let others breathe free and easy, if you know what I mean! ;)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Though it's not fully related to the thread, a cartoon by R.K .Lakshman shows how these politicos exaggerate things.

The caption was, " Your prayers were answered, no need to worry, abundant rain fall."
The visual shows a minister surrounded by his entourage and body guards addressing the people. People were sitting on their roof tops , Entire village is under water.
Ushaji your are correct. Actually the people who has nothing to do start their day with such gossips. Such discussions are wastage of time and not at all productive. I don't participate in such chats.

Smart fellow!!!

I guess most braggarts need to be shown the dust time and again, if not to keep them humble but to let others breathe free and easy, if you know what I mean! ;)

Exactly , pride goes before a fall is always true...Nature and life has a way of putting you in your place !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.