Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
However, exaggeration is necessary when there is comedy or thrill. Making a mountain out of the molehill is important to pass the message on.

That depends on the situation and context. Its not applicable to serious conditions. For some its a habit

Yes that does depend on the situation. But I was just trying to point out where the phrase might look correct. It won't be right when the situation is a grave one.
However, exaggeration is necessary when there is comedy or thrill. Making a mountain out of the molehill is important to pass the message on.

That depends on the situation and context. Its not applicable to serious conditions. For some its a habit

Yes that does depend on the situation. But I was just trying to point out where the phrase might look correct. It won't be right when the situation is a grave one.

That's the beauty in it. The person who exaggerates doesn't know the situation and the appropriateness of the time and occasion. They are braggarts. Their intention is to draw the attention of the people around them.
I like this idiom since it is so apt - Making mountains out of a mole hill, most people have this habit of exaggerating things.....

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10479]}

Some people have the habit of reading 'mountains' as 'molehills' too, what do ye think of them???
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10482]}
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I like this idiom since it is so apt - Making mountains out of a mole hill, most people have this habit of exaggerating things.....

Some people have the habit of reading 'mountains' as 'molehills' too, what do ye think of them???
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10482]}

I agree ! that is pure spite and refusing to acknowledge the other person's contribution, might or whatever, there are such people too...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee, Kalyani Nandurkar

When some one deal minor issue as mazor issue we say that making mountains out of mole hills.
This is common phrase in Hindi "Rai ka pahaad banana" means to make small issues too big. Yes there are people for them small issues are not issues till they are made big. :laugh:
This is common phrase in Hindi "Rai ka pahaad banana" means to make small issues too big. Yes there are people for them small issues are not issues till they are made big. :laugh:

If there are no issues, they will find or invent one - I was watching a kannada film the other day, where two politicians are perpetually plotting to keep themselves in news to the extent of spreading false rumors and even encouraging the paid goons to disrupt harmony ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.