The topic is locked.
Hai everybody,in today's competitive world each and every parent force their child to score high marks in Board Exams.They think "My child should be a topper in results" .It is somewhat bad,why parents are thinking like this? In addition to this,teachers and school managements also forces the their students to score more marks.Because they have to show a good result and make money on it.I am asking Is it Good to force a child to score high marks? without understanding the child's capacity and ability..Is it right ?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Parents should keep an eye on their children that if they are not on the wrong way. But for getting high marks they can't force their children. Two people can't be same. So comparison with other children is also wrong. Instead of that they should know that in what section their children are good and encourage them to do good in it.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: suni51
Hai everybody,in today's competitive world each and every parent force their child to score high marks in Board Exams.They think "My child should be a topper in results" .It is somewhat bad,why parents are thinking like this? In addition to this,teachers and school managements also forces the their students to score more marks.Because they have to show a good result and make money on it.I am asking Is it Good to force a child to score high marks? without understanding the child's capacity and ability..Is it right ?

No. Not at all good. But, it's not every parent is forcing their children to score good marks. Such parents are exceptionally rare. As a rule, parents are expected to find the niche in their children and provide opportunities to the children accordingly. Forcing the child to study against their wishes will lead to disastrous results.
Thank you said by: Govardhan

Why you shirt bright than me, it is principal which is used for child also. Here in Rajasthan one student commit suicide because she did not have her name in merit list.

Nothing can be achieved by forcing if the child has no capacity nor interest, he or she will develop an aversion towards studies...A little bit of coaxing and monitoring is necessary at that stage since chidren are unable to distinguish what is important for their future and what is not - it all depends on the way parents and school handles it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: anil
Yes,as you said the way parent and school handles is important on children.At this stage, i would like to say many parents are determining the aims of their children rather they don't insist the pros and cons of the life in future.Also,i think comparison with other child is a main problem in the student's society.Really, this should be avoided.Is their children's marks giving any social status for parents?
It is a pity that parents treat children as race horses whose merit lies in achievement only.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes,as you said the way parent and school handles is important on children.At this stage, i would like to say many parents are determining the aims of their children rather they don't insist the pros and cons of the life in future.Also,i think comparison with other child is a main problem in the student's society.Really, this should be avoided.Is their children's marks giving any social status for parents?

By comparing the children with other children, parents are committing gravest mistake. This leads to low self esteem and inferiority complex in the children.
Thank you said by: Govardhan

By comparing the children with other children, parents are committing gravest mistake. This leads to low self esteem and inferiority complex in the children.

In spite of knowing this many parents tend to do this, even the highly educated ones.This is one of the worst possible things to do for a child since he or she feels inferior and tends to become a loner in later life if he or she does not perfprm well in studies. What parents dont realise is that an individual needs to develop an all round personality rather than nbecome a book worm alone..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In spite of knowing this many parents tend to do this, even the highly educated ones.This is one of the worst possible things to do for a child since he or she feels inferior and tends to become a loner in later life if he or she does not perfprm well in studies. What parents dont realise is that an individual needs to develop an all round personality rather than nbecome a book worm alone..

This is what happens if parents fail to identify niche in their children. They are influenced by the Job market demands

Sadly, since the British left India , we have not been able to free ourselves from their education system which was designed in the first place to create a generation of clerks who would work for them cheaply. Now the system we have is not at all far from that, we are busy creating a generation of such glorified clerks who will work for Europeans and Americans and earn money in huge packages. We are not trying to be original and authentic and neither are we allowing our children to be original. Hence the ridiculous rat race for scoring high marks! :blink: But no one gives a thought to what the scenario will be 10 years from now! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.