The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes Kalyani Madam,even when we look in to a normal urban family,parents won't ask their children about the aim of study and interested field.When this fate will change? and when will this rate race come to an end?
Yes most of the parents do that but that's really sad. I was never forced by my parents but still I was one of the toppers in the class. So I don't think one has to force kids to be a topper proper guidance can make him/her as they want. :)
Yes most of the parents do that but that's really sad. I was never forced by my parents but still I was one of the toppers in the class. So I don't think one has to force kids to be a topper proper guidance can make him/her as they want. :)

very good, with force parents can compel to sit child for studying but it is not necessary that they are studying seriously.
Hai everybody,in today's competitive world each and every parent force their child to score high marks in Board Exams.They think "My child should be a topper in results" .It is somewhat bad,why parents are thinking like this? In addition to this,teachers and school managements also forces the their students to score more marks.Because they have to show a good result and make money on it.I am asking Is it Good to force a child to score high marks? without understanding the child's capacity and ability..Is it right ?

I have come across this terrible piece of conduct on the part of parents whose academic records are pitiable. They mercilessly exploit their wards to achieve what they themselves failed miserably in their own lives.
In this cut throat age parents have no options but to keep reminding their children to perform better to stand a chance to get selected in competitive exams.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes Kalyani Madam,even when we look in to a normal urban family,parents won't ask their children about the aim of study and interested field.When this fate will change? and when will this rate race come to an end?

True! What is sad that in this rat race to earn marks are solely a means to get good packages in one or the other corporate sector, and no one stops to think whether their child is cut out for those particular jobs or not!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Hai everybody,in today's competitive world each and every parent force their child to score high marks in Board Exams.They think "My child should be a topper in results" .It is somewhat bad,why parents are thinking like this? In addition to this,teachers and school managements also forces the their students to score more marks.Because they have to show a good result and make money on it.I am asking Is it Good to force a child to score high marks? without understanding the child's capacity and ability..Is it right ?

I have come across this terrible piece of conduct on the part of parents whose academic records are pitiable. They mercilessly exploit their wards to achieve what they themselves failed miserably in their own lives.

That too and the needless and totally useless efforts to make their children all-rounders in everything else too! :blink: Most children now spend more than 10 hours outside their homes daily, first it is the school, then tuition classes for few subjects, then drawing, painting, dance, skating, basketball, Vedic mathematics, phonics, abacus classes etc! I really do not understand what they are trying to accomplish!
Also, now the trend of parents is to send their children to schools with CBSE, ICSE or IB syllabuses but they do not think even for a moment whether their child will be able to cope up well with them! Even the parents themselves are incapable of coping with such studies and therefore end up paying huge amounts of extra fees for tuitions, heading towards bankruptcy themselves!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Yes.This is another tragedy happening in the life of children.What is the solution of this problem?
Yes.This is another tragedy happening in the life of children.What is the solution of this problem?

There is no solution as our vote hungry/hunting politicians have left no option but obtaining more marks as even outstanding students stand no chance due to cut set for selection. It is touching almost 98-99 for general quota.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes,as you said the way parent and school handles is important on children.At this stage, i would like to say many parents are determining the aims of their children rather they don't insist the pros and cons of the life in future.Also,i think comparison with other child is a main problem in the student's society.Really, this should be avoided.Is their children's marks giving any social status for parents?

By comparing the children with other children, parents are committing gravest mistake. This leads to low self esteem and inferiority complex in the children.

In spite of knowing this many parents tend to do this, even the highly educated ones.This is one of the worst possible things to do for a child since he or she feels inferior and tends to become a loner in later life if he or she does not perfprm well in studies. What parents dont realise is that an individual needs to develop an all round personality rather than nbecome a book worm alone..

Sadly, since the British left India , we have not been able to free ourselves from their education system which was designed in the first place to create a generation of clerks who would work for them cheaply. Now the system we have is not at all far from that, we are busy creating a generation of such glorified clerks who will work for Europeans and Americans and earn money in huge packages. We are not trying to be original and authentic and neither are we allowing our children to be original. Hence the ridiculous rat race for scoring high marks! :blink: But no one gives a thought to what the scenario will be 10 years from now! :blink:

When students go abroad with an engineering or medical degree from here, it is simply not considered or given the importance it ought to be given , they have to do either a post graduates course or a course in America or even in the Uk before they are able to put their education into use...It is precisely because our education system has become far too theoratical , only concentrating on marks and grades !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.