The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh..is it? Nice information.I don't know this.Comparing to other countries,our education lacks something.Is this our fate?Can't improve education system?
In this cut throat age parents have no options but to keep reminding their children to perform better to stand a chance to get selected in competitive exams.

Is it any option? What is the use of subjecting a child to mental as well as physical torture when he or she simply hasn't in him or her when research shows that a mathematically inclined brain has very special physiological features!! Why do we turn a potential asset into an actual liability??
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
We must not insist children for studies, now kids are very smart, they know how to read and get marks. If we more insist their mind will not accept it will be like burden to them, more over they get frustration if they didn't get expected marks.
We must not insist children for studies, now kids are very smart, they know how to read and get marks. If we more insist their mind will not accept it will be like burden to them, more over they get frustration if they didn't get expected marks.

Pressurizing the children is not a part of ideal parenting. Patience on the part of parent pays rich dividends.
Pressurizing to study to some level is ok I believe to keep the children on track. More pressure will create frustration and create burden on the shoulders of kids, which is never a good idea. You can pressurize till 9 or 10th standard but after that it's all student. If they are capable enough or interested enough they will study by their own otherwise they won't.

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
Yes,as you said the way parent and school handles is important on children.At this stage, i would like to say many parents are determining the aims of their children rather they don't insist the pros and cons of the life in future.Also,i think comparison with other child is a main problem in the student's society.Really, this should be avoided.Is their children's marks giving any social status for parents?

By comparing the children with other children, parents are committing gravest mistake. This leads to low self esteem and inferiority complex in the children.

In spite of knowing this many parents tend to do this, even the highly educated ones.This is one of the worst possible things to do for a child since he or she feels inferior and tends to become a loner in later life if he or she does not perfprm well in studies. What parents dont realise is that an individual needs to develop an all round personality rather than nbecome a book worm alone..

Sadly, since the British left India , we have not been able to free ourselves from their education system which was designed in the first place to create a generation of clerks who would work for them cheaply. Now the system we have is not at all far from that, we are busy creating a generation of such glorified clerks who will work for Europeans and Americans and earn money in huge packages. We are not trying to be original and authentic and neither are we allowing our children to be original. Hence the ridiculous rat race for scoring high marks! :blink: But no one gives a thought to what the scenario will be 10 years from now! :blink:

When students go abroad with an engineering or medical degree from here, it is simply not considered or given the importance it ought to be given , they have to do either a post graduates course or a course in America or even in the Uk before they are able to put their education into use...It is precisely because our education system has become far too theoratical , only concentrating on marks and grades !

True, that is because the way our education system works, the objective is not to gain knowledge, it is only to score better marks by mugging up answers. I have been a trainer and a mentor to fresh graduates for at least 10 years, some of these included engineers and MBAs with first class and distinction but the kind of knowledge or skills these possessed were terribly lower than what was expected! :blink: What is even more worrying is the kind of attitude they grow up with, that they are here to rule and dictate, which also is laughingly ridiculous with the half baked knowledge they possess!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Pressurizing to study to some level is ok I believe to keep the children on track. More pressure will create frustration and create burden on the shoulders of kids, which is never a good idea. You can pressurize till 9 or 10th standard but after that it's all student. If they are capable enough or interested enough they will study by their own otherwise they won't.

IF children are taught in the right manner so that they learn the concepts well, then there won't be any need to pressurize any child for studying! Also I am not really sure if pressuring really works!

Yes,as you said the way parent and school handles is important on children.At this stage, i would like to say many parents are determining the aims of their children rather they don't insist the pros and cons of the life in future.Also,i think comparison with other child is a main problem in the student's society.Really, this should be avoided.Is their children's marks giving any social status for parents?

By comparing the children with other children, parents are committing gravest mistake. This leads to low self esteem and inferiority complex in the children.

In spite of knowing this many parents tend to do this, even the highly educated ones.This is one of the worst possible things to do for a child since he or she feels inferior and tends to become a loner in later life if he or she does not perfprm well in studies. What parents dont realise is that an individual needs to develop an all round personality rather than nbecome a book worm alone..

Sadly, since the British left India , we have not been able to free ourselves from their education system which was designed in the first place to create a generation of clerks who would work for them cheaply. Now the system we have is not at all far from that, we are busy creating a generation of such glorified clerks who will work for Europeans and Americans and earn money in huge packages. We are not trying to be original and authentic and neither are we allowing our children to be original. Hence the ridiculous rat race for scoring high marks! :blink: But no one gives a thought to what the scenario will be 10 years from now! :blink:

When students go abroad with an engineering or medical degree from here, it is simply not considered or given the importance it ought to be given , they have to do either a post graduates course or a course in America or even in the Uk before they are able to put their education into use...It is precisely because our education system has become far too theoratical , only concentrating on marks and grades !

True, that is because the way our education system works, the objective is not to gain knowledge, it is only to score better marks by mugging up answers. I have been a trainer and a mentor to fresh graduates for at least 10 years, some of these included engineers and MBAs with first class and distinction but the kind of knowledge or skills these possessed were terribly lower than what was expected! :blink: What is even more worrying is the kind of attitude they grow up with, that they are here to rule and dictate, which also is laughingly ridiculous with the half baked knowledge they possess!

The attitude is a direct result of their upbringing ! I have seen parents managing to get a seat for engineering with donation etc for their son and then throwing a party...when he barely manages to pass again a party, no wonder the individual thinks he or she has done wonders ! Why not look at it as part of growing up and a necessary part of life and drive some good sense and humble , straightforward thinking into the minds of their children ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The attitude is a direct result of their upbringing ! I have seen parents managing to get a seat for engineering with donation etc for their son and then throwing a party...when he barely manages to pass again a party, no wonder the individual thinks he or she has done wonders ! Why not look at it as part of growing up and a necessary part of life and drive some good sense and humble , straightforward thinking into the minds of their children ...

Yes, they are the kind with lots of money and the attitude that money can anything and everything! Pune and Maharashtra has thousands of engineering colleges ( medical too but not as many as engineering) which are owned by politicians. The students in these colleges mainly comprise of youngsters from North who have given lakhs of rupees for a single seat in addition to fees! you should see the kind of attitude these guys and girls carry! :blink:

If we look into the side of Children,over pressure is not good at all.But if we consider parent's side,they are giving pressure for the goodness of their children only.With reference to all messages received before,i think little amount of pressure is good.Over pressure on Children is not good.But in the sense of little pressure,up to what extent it goes?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.