The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If we look into the side of Children,over pressure is not good at all.But if we consider parent's side,they are giving pressure for the goodness of their children only.With reference to all messages received before,i think little amount of pressure is good.Over pressure on Children is not good.But in the sense of little pressure,up to what extent it goes?

Pressure is never good because it is negative force, what is required is to make them realie their responsibilities and make them do their daily work while you monitor and guide them...pressure is a wrong word to use when we talk about children, it never works, even if it does it may not make the individual complete because he or she too would end up pressurising people !

Pressure ironically produces results which erring parents are forced to accept ultimately and most painfully that they never prepare themselves for!! I can instantly recall an incident happening in West Bengal. A father in his madness to see his son becoming a first-rate cricketer, killed his son in his training!! That sums it up!!

That's horrible!!! :blink: Also, the many instances we read about children committing suicides because they were unable to cope with studies, achieve desired grades etc. in all such cases I would blame the parents for putting pressure on the children!

I have read a case where a studnet had shone brilliantly in the SSC board exams and was in the merit list. The same was expected in the 12th exams as well. But the guy was so frustrated that he became mentally ill later on.
I agree with you sir.Parents are using their children as money making machines.I think not only parents schools also doing the same.Parents are approaching that type of result oriented schools scoring state ranks.This makes the schools to get more income.Finally schools are meant for money making not giving education.

Some parents force children to do all sorts of things.I know of one mother who has enroled her eight year old daughter in a dance school and also a gym and the child is also supposed to stand firsy in the class.She dances like the item girls gyrating and giving all the appropriate come hither looks, while the mother sits and claps and shows how to give a seductive smile.I feel so sorry for the little one who should be studying and enjoying childhood instead of being forcibly made to grow up...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If we look into the side of Children,over pressure is not good at all.But if we consider parent's side,they are giving pressure for the goodness of their children only.With reference to all messages received before,i think little amount of pressure is good.Over pressure on Children is not good.But in the sense of little pressure,up to what extent it goes?

Pressure is never good because it is negative force, what is required is to make them realie their responsibilities and make them do their daily work while you monitor and guide them...pressure is a wrong word to use when we talk about children, it never works, even if it does it may not make the individual complete because he or she too would end up pressurising people !

Pressure ironically produces results which erring parents are forced to accept ultimately and most painfully that they never prepare themselves for!! I can instantly recall an incident happening in West Bengal. A father in his madness to see his son becoming a first-rate cricketer, killed his son in his training!! That sums it up!!

That's horrible!!! :blink: Also, the many instances we read about children committing suicides because they were unable to cope with studies, achieve desired grades etc. in all such cases I would blame the parents for putting pressure on the children!

I have read a case where a studnet had shone brilliantly in the SSC board exams and was in the merit list. The same was expected in the 12th exams as well. But the guy was so frustrated that he became mentally ill later on.

I used to know one such brilliant girl! When I was in first year, there was a girl in my class who had achieved merit in 10th std, but when she was in 12th the pressure was so intense on her to achieve merit yet again, that she succumbed to depression and had to undergo treatment for an entire year. After recovery too, she had lost much of her confidence.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with you sir.Parents are using their children as money making machines.I think not only parents schools also doing the same.Parents are approaching that type of result oriented schools scoring state ranks.This makes the schools to get more income.Finally schools are meant for money making not giving education.

Some parents force children to do all sorts of things.I know of one mother who has enroled her eight year old daughter in a dance school and also a gym and the child is also supposed to stand firsy in the class.She dances like the item girls gyrating and giving all the appropriate come hither looks, while the mother sits and claps and shows how to give a seductive smile.I feel so sorry for the little one who should be studying and enjoying childhood instead of being forcibly made to grow up...

That is the kind of fad boosted by the dance reality shows we seen on TV, one of my sisters-in-law, recently gave an audition for DID Supermoms, she stood in the queue in scorching sun in Mumbai for 6-7 hours to appear before the judges for just one minute. Similar is the kind of torture the poor kids have to go through for the whims and fancies of their parents! :blink: I wonder where these people were God was distributing common sense??? :evil:

Thank you said by: usha manohar
As an educator in my opinion every child is unique and have his /her own qualities area of interest,parents should not force them for score high grades in exams they should support their children in the area of his interest, though the marks are also important but instead of forcing the child one should make him /her understand the importance of grades as well. :)
As an educator in my opinion every child is unique and have his /her own qualities area of interest,parents should not force them for score high grades in exams they should support their children in the area of his interest, though the marks are also important but instead of forcing the child one should make him /her understand the importance of grades as well. :)

I totally agree with you. Parents force their ambition as 'dream' over their kids. That's so wrong.
Yes.Then how the child can dream!! Before telling the importance of grades,how many parents know about that..
Yes.Then how the child can dream!! Before telling the importance of grades,how many parents know about that..

The children need be motivated but parents should also try to assess the potential qualities and traits of children and not force anything against their true traits. Parents have to give more intention in the lower classes and even be strict. But when a child goes to higher classes, the interest and aptitude of child is revealed. Then parents should not force child against natural aptitude. Thus if a child has greater potential in literature and music, it is no use thrusting medical or engineering profession on him.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The children need be motivated but parents should also try to assess the potential qualities and traits of children and not force anything against their true traits. Parents have to give more intention in the lower classes and even be strict. But when a child goes to higher classes, the interest and aptitude of child is revealed. Then parents should not force child against natural aptitude. Thus if a child has greater potential in literature and music, it is no use thrusting medical or engineering profession on him.

The truth is that most parents themselves are clueless about such matters, they do not understand the importance of assessing their children's true potential and interest and therefore they only try to force their own dreams and aspirations upon their children.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The truth is that most parents themselves are clueless about such matters, they do not understand the importance of assessing their children's true potential and interest and therefore they only try to force their own dreams and aspirations upon their children.

True!! This attitude of parents should change. Students should have their own freedom in choosing their career. Parents should only be a guide to them.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.