The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I see a lot of children whose parents are highly qualified professionals, falling back in studies and generally not doing well in life! We have a couple of examples in our own family and you feel sorry for the parents who feel disillusioned ! It is a combination of many factors that come together to make the students lose interest in studies and also lose their focus and parents have to take the blame for it to a great extent !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I see a lot of children whose parents are highly qualified professionals, falling back in studies and generally not doing well in life! We have a couple of examples in our own family and you feel sorry for the parents who feel disillusioned ! It is a combination of many factors that come together to make the students lose interest in studies and also lose their focus and parents have to take the blame for it to a great extent !

I remembered one of my student of grade 4 is so good in every field including the studies also but he is unable to score good rank in the class the reason I found behind this is his parents both are on good post and forced him to score top marks in the class although he was scoring good marks but they want him to be the Ist ranker in the class, they used to compare the answer sheets of the topper and at same show the copies to him make him realise his mistake and he has no answer to this....he just felt nervous and speechless....

I remembered one of my student of grade 4 is so good in every field including the studies also but he is unable to score good rank in the class the reason I found behind this is his parents both are on good post and forced him to score top marks in the class although he was scoring good marks but they want him to be the Ist ranker in the class, they used to compare the answer sheets of the topper and at same show the copies to him make him realise his mistake and he has no answer to this....he just felt nervous and speechless....

True! Forcing them will just reduce their performance rather than improving it.
Instead of counselling the students parents should be counselled first and should teach them the drawbacks of forcing the students to earn high marks.
Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar
Instead of counselling the students parents should be counselled first and should teach them the drawbacks of forcing the students to earn high marks.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Whatever may be the efforts of the parents,children will do what they have in their mind. Parents should realise this fact. Otherwise their efforts will prove counter productive.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
ya you are right. Scoring marks now has become over burn on the students. I too feel, that students should understand the concept and study. If this process implements then i bet every students will be at great position. When we understand the concept and study then success will run behind us. Then there is no need to run behind the success by getting marks just by mugging the lessons

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

ya you are right. Scoring marks now has become over burn on the students. I too feel, that students should understand the concept and study. If this process implements then i bet every students will be at great position. When we understand the concept and study then success will run behind us. Then there is no need to run behind the success by getting marks just by mugging the lessons

The issue is that parents attempt to mold their children in their own way without seeing the potential, interest and aptitude of child. No two children are same and any comparison is unjust. Parents need to let their children grow according to their natural talent and not whip them like race horse to run in a particular direction.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar
gulshan ji wrote : The issue is that parents attempt to mold their children in their own way without seeing the potential, interest and aptitude of child. No two children are same and any comparison is unjust. Parents need to let their children grow according to their natural talent and not whip them like race horse to run in a particular direction.

But now in this competitive and busy life, no parents have time to judge their children what they like to study and how parents need to mold them and all. Just parents want their children to be toppers through marks. and even education departments also like that. They won't check the merit they see only marks.

gulshan ji wrote : The issue is that parents attempt to mold their children in their own way without seeing the potential, interest and aptitude of child. No two children are same and any comparison is unjust. Parents need to let their children grow according to their natural talent and not whip them like race horse to run in a particular direction.

But now in this competitive and busy life, no parents have time to judge their children what they like to study and how parents need to mold them and all. Just parents want their children to be toppers through marks. and even education departments also like that. They won't check the merit they see only marks.

Parents have no time. No issue. But they need not compare their children to others. How can all children get good marks? all are not equal.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

yes, you are right gulshanji, Most of the parents compare their children with other children. this is really a wrong thing. All children are not equal. How can they compare. Due to comparing, the children mind gets effected and they feel guilty and they feel they are useless. Most of the children get a feeling, if they does not get the desired marks then their life is waste and many have commited suicides by writing a suicide note that they could not full fill their parents desired marks and so they feel they have no life.

So I feel forcing children for scoring high marks is very dangerous.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.