The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's right Suny cut off these days is going so high kids having low score don't get admissions in the colleges so parents if expect high scores from their kids is not a wrong thing but they just not expect they should also work on it so that their kid may score high in the exams. :)

Parents are going out of their limit to improve their children to stay in competition, the vote hungry politicians have left no choice for ordinary children/parents to go for extra efforts than needed otherwise. They have not enough opportunities therefore this ratrace.

I can understand the parental anxiety to see their children on a high pedestal. In this process, they ignore to know if their kid is a 'Bullock Cart' or a 'Rolls Royce.'

But that's not abnormal if parents don't want their kids to be Bullock cart. :woohoo:

True. No parents want to see their children as a bullock cart, but parents must see what their children want to become. They must see if their children have the potential to become what they want to become.

I think children are confused themselves. they want to become whatever they see in their journey. It's duty of parents to guide them properly keeping their interest in mind. However you cannot leave everything on children themselves because very few know what is good or bad for them, they certainly need your guidance and proper counselling.

Its where the parental observation comes in to fore. Parents should observe if the child's interest is genuine or a passing phase.. Yes, child's interests will be changing from time to time.
Forcing children to score good marks is not a good thing. Any parent should encourage and giving boosting to their children to perform well, but it should be like a burden on them. They have to make them understand that how good it is if one is a topper. After trying from all the ends, if the child is not getting good marks, nothing can be done, but just try and try again.
Forcing children to score good marks is not a good thing. Any parent should encourage and giving boosting to their children to perform well, but it should be like a burden on them. They have to make them understand that how good it is if one is a topper. After trying from all the ends, if the child is not getting good marks, nothing can be done, but just try and try again.

It would be better if the parents identify the niche in the child and encourage the child to fortify the inherent qualities.

It would be better if the parents identify the niche in the child and encourage the child to fortify the inherent qualities.

Personally speaking, parents should concentrate on developing an all round personality instead of making their children into book worms or muggers...They should encourage them to take part in sports , debates and other extra curricular activities which would help them much more in the future rather than just scoring marks...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Personally speaking, parents should concentrate on developing an all round personality instead of making their children into book worms or muggers...They should encourage them to take part in sports , debates and other extra curricular activities which would help them much more in the future rather than just scoring marks...

Education system has recently changed a lot wherein children are forced to score high marks and hence they do not take part in any other activities. This system should change to ensure overall development of a child.

Very true, if the children are encouraged more so that they develop their personalities well and also by developing and respecting their decision making capabilities, children can themselves understand and recognise their own calling. Normally parents allow children to make their own choices for food, clothing, friends, etc. let them play with mobiles and computers as they please, all in the name of liberty, but when it comes to letting them decide what they want as a career, the parents are hard on children and insistent that they do only as they are told. A big contradicting behavior. It is true that children may be confused with wide variety of choices, but given a little push and a little support, they know what they want. We should accept the children as intelligent individuals first!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with this. But most of the parents don't understand it and want their kid to be better in studies. I remember when I was a kid I was never inspired to take part in other activities but now in schools the education system is changed now schools also give more attention towards other activities than studies. I know this becuase every month I have to prepare my kids for competitions held in their school. Moreover I see some change in them unlike me in childhood as I can see they are not shy like I used to be in childhood as debates in school has made them outspoken. :)

I agree with this. But most of the parents don't understand it and want their kid to be better in studies. I remember when I was a kid I was never inspired to take part in other activities but now in schools the education system is changed now schools also give more attention towards other activities than studies. I know this becuase every month I have to prepare my kids for competitions held in their school. Moreover I see some change in them unlike me in childhood as I can see they are not shy like I used to be in childhood as debates in school has made them outspoken. :)

It says, you learned and adjusted to the changing times. Similarly every parent has to adjust to the changing times. Naturally, the child grows as per your aspirations. The question of pressurizing the child will not arise.
Most of the members in this topic discussing about parents pressure.But look at the children,if suppose we won't give pressure means,many children could not get marks.So,pressure is needed to some extent.
Most of the members in this topic discussing about parents pressure.But look at the children,if suppose we won't give pressure means,many children could not get marks.So,pressure is needed to some extent.

Encouragement and pressure both are necessary. But the pressure should be reasonable and a child's potential and inherent ability should also not be ignored. You can't expect magical performance from a child. Treating a child like a race horse will be counter productive.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.