Reading aloud used to be a part of the education system , but it looks as if it is going to be eraed out...The other day in one of the seminars I attended many of the teachers were in support of this move since they felt that there is no need for it now , with the children knowing reading and writing when they enter school...
Personally, I see it as a disciplinary habit that forms the basis of a sound education for any child.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reading aloud used to be a part of the education system , but it looks as if it is going to be eraed out...The other day in one of the seminars I attended many of the teachers were in support of this move since they felt that there is no need for it now , with the children knowing reading and writing when they enter school...
Personally, I see it as a disciplinary habit that forms the basis of a sound education for any child.

I am agree. Reading aloud is useful method of reading. In my student life it was very common. I learn tables with this method.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
It is really sad that the necessary and sensible steps for proper learning methods are being removed now. Reading is indeed a sound base for learning not just language and grammar but also it helps children to understand how and where they need to improve.
Similarly, now in almost all schools, children are now made to write only print letters and not in cursive writing, which is a basis for calligraphy and good handwriting.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The way I learnt to write and more importantly speak and understand English was because my father made me read English aloud. I still do it - even after 25 years of my associaton with English.
Absolutely ! Pronunciation can be corrected and perfected only when a child reads and the teacher or parent monitors and corrects... I dont understand why the modern day educators are unable to perceive the usefulness of reading as a habit which has stood the test of time for decades now...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
Absolutely ! Pronunciation can be corrected and perfected only when a child reads and the teacher or parent monitors and corrects... I dont understand why the modern day educators are unable to perceive the usefulness of reading as a habit which has stood the test of time for decades now...

The gadgets are getting more popular with students and the interactive learning is also spreading around. So, I guess, that could be one reason.
It is really sad that the necessary and sensible steps for proper learning methods are being removed now. Reading is indeed a sound base for learning not just language and grammar but also it helps children to understand how and where they need to improve.
Similarly, now in almost all schools, children are now made to write only print letters and not in cursive writing, which is a basis for calligraphy and good handwriting.

Very true, I see that a slow and steady and also a methoidical way of learning the language goes a long way in perfecting their diction, proununciation and style of speaking and writing ...I guess in a fast paced world, this seems like a waste of time to many , what else can one say ?

I agree with reading aloud pronunciation of the student can be imporved and he / she gain confidence and can speak in front of many...stage fear can also be reduced.....I guess reading aloud is good practice...
I agree with reading aloud pronunciation of the student can be imporved and he / she gain confidence and can speak in front of many...stage fear can also be reduced.....I guess reading aloud is good practice...

It has always been in practice and has been very beneficial to several generations of people. It is the change in lifestyle that is probably prompting the educationists to do a rethink on the issue !

I remember that in my school days, students were required to read allowed paragraphs from text books including history. This improves pronunciation and knowledge of the topic. The entire class is involved as one reads allowed and other listen. Teacher also gets first hand experience of how much the students have grasped the topic. Rapid reading is must.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I couldn't understand the pronunciations of foreign players when I used to watch cricket as a very young kid. However, due to my habit, over the years, I can pretty well understand now :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.