Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Aacharya Devo Bhava is the adage. Present day teachers are anything but that. They are the lot who pass the buck. Recollect Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the teacher of teachers. We need teachers like him. Only then our education system stands out.
Aacharya Devo Bhava is the adage. Present day teachers are anything but that. They are the lot who pass the buck. Recollect Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the teacher of teachers. We need teachers like him. Only then our education system stands out.

Education has become a business today and that's the prime reason why the quality is going down. And from where it stands now, it looks difficult that it will gain glory again.

Education has become a business today and that's the prime reason why the quality is going down. And from where it stands now, it looks difficult that it will gain glory again.

Nothing is impossible for the dedicated and committed. It's the people who make history and write history.

Nothing is impossible for the dedicated and committed. It's the people who make history and write history.

I agree ! teaching is a job which requires total dedication and commitment and we do have very good teachers too.But the vast majority do it more as a job rather than do it with interest ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar
It is really sad that the necessary and sensible steps for proper learning methods are being removed now. Reading is indeed a sound base for learning not just language and grammar but also it helps children to understand how and where they need to improve.
Similarly, now in almost all schools, children are now made to write only print letters and not in cursive writing, which is a basis for calligraphy and good handwriting.

Very true, I see that a slow and steady and also a methoidical way of learning the language goes a long way in perfecting their diction, proununciation and style of speaking and writing ...I guess in a fast paced world, this seems like a waste of time to many , what else can one say ?

I guess your answer does explain it all, no one wants a slow and steady way to learn anything now. That system was actually the best way to learn any concept and you remembered it always. But now in such fast paced world when you get readymade notes for everything which you simply mug up and score high marks, who wants to work hard? Teachers (with due respect to real teachers) too do not want to take extra efforts than is necessary.

I am sure, Kalyani mght have hear that there are many English speaking classes in Maharashtra. Not pointing fingres at anyone, but how much might they be really helping. Spoken English is all about practice, how long can classes help?

Yes, I have heard of those classes, apart from English speaking classes, there are the other very famous coaching classes for 10th and 12th who provide written notes which are mugged up by the students who achieve place in merit lists!! Really a question on the real learning here! :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is really sad that the necessary and sensible steps for proper learning methods are being removed now. Reading is indeed a sound base for learning not just language and grammar but also it helps children to understand how and where they need to improve.
Similarly, now in almost all schools, children are now made to write only print letters and not in cursive writing, which is a basis for calligraphy and good handwriting.

Very true, I see that a slow and steady and also a methoidical way of learning the language goes a long way in perfecting their diction, proununciation and style of speaking and writing ...I guess in a fast paced world, this seems like a waste of time to many , what else can one say ?

I guess your answer does explain it all, no one wants a slow and steady way to learn anything now. That system was actually the best way to learn any concept and you remembered it always. But now in such fast paced world when you get readymade notes for everything which you simply mug up and score high marks, who wants to work hard? Teachers (with due respect to real teachers) too do not want to take extra efforts than is necessary.

I am sure, Kalyani mght have hear that there are many English speaking classes in Maharashtra. Not pointing fingres at anyone, but how much might they be really helping. Spoken English is all about practice, how long can classes help?

I used to work for one such classes a few years ago and believe me, they are good and the teachers put in a lot of effort to get the non English speaking students to actually converse quite decently at the end of the course ! But i agree it is also a matter of practice since practice makes perfect !

Some classes I agree are really good and genuine in their efforts. But sadly, we are seeing a spurt in the growth of classes all over Maharashtra who charge huge amounts of fees but do not give much in return!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I used to work for one such classes a few years ago and believe me, they are good and the teachers put in a lot of effort to get the non English speaking students to actually converse quite decently at the end of the course ! But i agree it is also a matter of practice since practice makes perfect !

Some classes I agree are really good and genuine in their efforts. But sadly, we are seeing a spurt in the growth of classes all over Maharashtra who charge huge amounts of fees but do not give much in return!

I agree, nowadays you find too many of those where only english with accent is taught instead of concentrating on the grammar and structure ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.