They say silence is golden, but may not be the case with the when one is in the quietest place on earth. The longest anyone can bear the room is for 45 minutes. The room is so sound proof that one can even hear his/her heart beats when inside. Read the article to find out more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2124581/The-worlds-quietest-place-chamber-Orfield-Laboratories.html

Live in the present :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no issue with silence. Issue is dark. Let the room be more silent than it is but let there be light and electricity and allow me snacks, tea, newspaper and internet (without sound) and toilet facility. I shall stay there for even one week without talking to anyone.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, Ashii
As long as there is activity any amount of silence can be accepted. When I'm immersed in painting, i used to be surrounded by silence for hours together which I relish.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
As long as there is activity any amount of silence can be accepted. When I'm immersed in painting, i used to be surrounded by silence for hours together which I relish.

You will also stay very long in silent room if there is sufficient light, basic facilities and allowed painting.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You will also stay very long in silent room if there is sufficient light, basic facilities and allowed painting.

True. I found activity makes one forget the surroundings.
oh about this room, I know about it. I read about it in a news paper. Its really scary one. People cannot spend 5 minutes peacefull inside the room that much scary it is. In this room only one person spend 45 minutes. but after coming out he could be as usual for one day. He is taken to hospital also.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

oh about this room, I know about it. I read about it in a news paper. Its really scary one. People cannot spend 5 minutes peacefull inside the room that much scary it is. In this room only one person spend 45 minutes. but after coming out he could be as usual for one day. He is taken to hospital also.

Scary :lol: See below so many members are ready to spend time in there. ;)

Live in the present :)

I love silence. It gives me a chance to look in to myself and ponder.
There is no issue with silence. Issue is dark. Let the room be more silent than it is but let there be light and electricity and allow me snacks, tea, newspaper and internet (without sound) and toilet facility. I shall stay there for even one week without talking to anyone.

yes it is possible for we Indian. it is easy to spend more time at natural place than an artificial.

Majority of us learned to live in silence. So I feel its not difficult to spend there as long as we are allowed to do our activities.

Majority of us learned to live in silence. So I feel its not difficult to spend there as long as we are allowed to do our activities.

For me silence symbolizes serenity. For this serenity I get up early. This is the time I love. Silence is a boon for me.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.