Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't think distance learning courses are as good as regular courses. I see lots of people do MBA courses from Symbosis,IGNOU,IMT etc but don't think one can get a good job on the basis of only these courses as already there are lots of people who are unemployed after doing regular courses too. :evil:

You probably forgot to mention Sikkim Manipal, some corporates do not accept applications from distant learners but it's good to increase knowledge and have a degree, 'just in case'

It appears that distance learning is more appropriate for employed persons who wish to enhance their qualification. This does not disturb their exiting job. The additional qualification helps to get promotion and better opportunities. Also there are some organizations that make it obligatory to acquire certain qualifications for promotion. For example, Cost accountancy exam of Institute of Cost and works accountants of India is obligatory in many organizations for promotion to higher posts in accountancy.

Yes, it's both convenient and caters to the needs of those who aspire for higher posts in the departments where they work.

I agree to this point that adding to knowledge helps one rise in his carrier.

My diploma in advertising earned through distance education placed me in a good position in the sphere of Advertising field,

There are certain fields and companies who take expertise and experience before degrees, you know your job so you do not need any degrees.

Its a show world. If some alphabets do not appear after my name, people will not care me. They don't have the patience to see my work and judge.
Distance Education is good and suitable for working professionals who are willing to improve their educational qualifications since ,this is the main motto of distance education.The point of view is "Everybody should be educated". But in the sense of quality,it is comparatively low against regular education which is through classroom.
I don't think distance learning courses are as good as regular courses. I see lots of people do MBA courses from Symbosis,IGNOU,IMT etc but don't think one can get a good job on the basis of only these courses as already there are lots of people who are unemployed after doing regular courses too. :evil:

You probably forgot to mention Sikkim Manipal, some corporates do not accept applications from distant learners but it's good to increase knowledge and have a degree, 'just in case'

It appears that distance learning is more appropriate for employed persons who wish to enhance their qualification. This does not disturb their exiting job. The additional qualification helps to get promotion and better opportunities. Also there are some organizations that make it obligatory to acquire certain qualifications for promotion. For example, Cost accountancy exam of Institute of Cost and works accountants of India is obligatory in many organizations for promotion to higher posts in accountancy.

Yes, it's both convenient and caters to the needs of those who aspire for higher posts in the departments where they work.

I agree to this point that adding to knowledge helps one rise in his carrier.

This is always and endless discussion, but it has both positive and negative points.. Good part is that it's cheap, you don't have to leave ur job, and you will get a post grad degree.... Negative is that no practical experiance.. many companies don't recognize they are valuable.... and very few study regularly...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
I am MCA from IGNOU and I think Distance learning is more difficult and it has value also if You do not have any other choice then do not hesitate to join your course.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

BY SOME HOW DISTANCE LEARNING IS GOOD. It is good for student whose is doing job. There are many good institution for distance learning. Choose the best one. Ignou distance learning is best.
I am MCA from IGNOU and I think Distance learning is more difficult and it has value also if You do not have any other choice then do not hesitate to join your course.

You said it, if you are busy in a job it's perhaps the best option to go for distance learning to increase your educational degrees and improve your chances of a job but if you are not doing a job, onsite education is best because you learn finer points in a better way.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes distance learning is good to take degree but it will not much helpful to make you good profession with good knowledge.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I think a person who is taking regular learning will have more knowledge than the person who is doing distance learning. For any reason distance learning will not match regular learning.
One can increase knowledge through distant learning courses, but the certificates are not suitable for getting jobs, one can increase exposure from these courses.

http://mohanmekap.com/

One can increase knowledge through distant learning courses, but the certificates are not suitable for getting jobs, one can increase exposure from these courses.

One can get knowledge from such courses but not the hands-on approach that is now usually encouraged in management courses.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.