Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@ Shampa there is nothing boring about external r long distance learning because it will be taken up only by those who are interested in wanting to study further ..

Rambabs post is atrocious and hilarious esp his reference to loneliness and isolation, what can one say ? ..before he edits and changes his post let me quote it here ..one more of his  Monday morning point grabber !

by  » 5 hours ago

There are advantages and  disadvantages in Disadvantages education.

One can set his/her own pace of study.

Often costs less than a full time Degree.

Disadvantages are, one will feel loneliness and isolation.

Anyhow , Distance education is challenging

But we must hand it to him that he never lets boredom set in! flushedjoy

No boredom for him probably , but exasperation for the rest of the members ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@ Shampa there is nothing boring about external r long distance learning because it will be taken up only by those who are interested in wanting to study further ..

Rambabs post is atrocious and hilarious esp his reference to loneliness and isolation, what can one say ? ..before he edits and changes his post let me quote it here ..one more of his  Monday morning point grabber !

by  » 5 hours ago

rambabu should be kept aside. Well, by saying that distance learning is boring I meant that whatever is to be done is by oneself. In regular courses, one comes across friends with whom discussions can take place, notes can be shared, doubts get cleared by the teachers as well but in Distance learning, one gets confined within oneself.

shampasaid

by  » one hour ago

Well, by saying that distance learning is boring I meant that whatever is to be done is by oneself. In regular courses, one comes across friends with whom discussions can take place, notes can be shared, doubts get cleared by the teachers as well but in Distance learning, one gets confined within oneself..

That used to be the case earlier but even then we could take the help of any lectures available in any government college teaching the subject. However, now it s different because you get help online and you have group meeting and discussion s on Skype and so on. In fact it is really good because you can get working , and at the same time studying because every kind of help is available

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

by  » 5 hours ago

rambabu should be kept aside. Well, by saying that distance learning is boring I meant that whatever is to be done is by oneself. In regular courses, one comes across friends with whom discussions can take place, notes can be shared, doubts get cleared by the teachers as well but in Distance learning, one gets confined within oneself.

You are absolutely right about not being able to learn from friends in distant learning. Peers are equally important as teachers in learning something. But I think even for any distant learning, facilities are provided for interacting with teachers once or twice a week. I have seen classes for IGNOU being held every Sunday. Though since interactions time is less, one need to work very hard in distant learning.

Distance learning is good if you do not have other regular option. I did MCA from IGNOU and getting good weight-age of certificate in career but for MBA want you to suggest as regular not Distance because high completion in the market for MBA but if its technical course like MCA or BCA distance learning is ok.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:

by  » one hour ago

Well, by saying that distance learning is boring I meant that whatever is to be done is by oneself. In regular courses, one comes across friends with whom discussions can take place, notes can be shared, doubts get cleared by the teachers as well but in Distance learning, one gets confined within oneself..

That used to be the case earlier but even then we could take the help of any lectures available in any government college teaching the subject. However, now it s different because you get help online and you have group meeting and discussion s on Skype and so on. In fact it is really good because you can get working , and at the same time studying because every kind of help is available

Yes, I did a diploma course in creative writing in English from IGNOU during which a few classes were held. It's fine but somehow I always find distance learning a little monotonous.  

shampasaid

jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

by  » 5 hours ago

You are absolutely right about not being able to learn from friends in distant learning. Peers are equally important as teachers in learning something. But I think even for any distant learning, facilities are provided for interacting with teachers once or twice a week. I have seen classes for IGNOU being held every Sunday. Though since interactions time is less, one need to work very hard in distant learning.

You are absolutely right too about classes and all but as I said that distant learning lacks to make a strong impact on the students as the regular courses do. Still, I believe in something is better than nothing. Presently, getting admission into a regular class has become very difficult and so distance learning is a good option to continue studies.   

shampasaid

Distance education enables few people learning regardless of their barriers i.e. those who can't go to institutions on regular basis. Indra Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) programs play a significant role.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

If one cannot able  use the regular course their second option is distance education and this is good to them. The matter is what university they choose? How often they good knowledge in subject? If they are genuinely want to study while doing work it is the good option. 

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

I did a professional course like MCA from IGNOU which is distance learning but achieving degree is very difficult in IGNOU and need hard work. I invested 4.5 year to get MCA Degree but after getting it I realize its benefits for future, Company only judges your talent not degree so keep learning whatever it is either regular or distance.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.