Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes, we have been practicing cruelty of horrid kind in relation to these mute creatures some of which are well-documented and endless cases go unreported. A direct fall-out has been that this cruelty also make victims of ourselves. In our day-to-day lives we have been getting more impatient and cruel in relation to members of our own race!!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Ashii
The title of the thread is on cruelty to animals. The title does not make this clear. So, I am making a small change by editing.
Cruelty to animals cannot be totally avoided. But we should bring this to minimum. We can stop using products that involve cruelty to animals. But it is for medical scientists to decide how far they can reduce such cruelty and the pain suffered by animals.

It is right sir that it is not possible to avoid cruelty to animals. At least government should ban using animals for testing cosmetics.
The cosmetics industry is huge and sadly there is no check on the cruelty that these petite animals have to face. We can do our bit by not using animal tested products and raise awareness on this issue.

Live in the present :)
The cosmetics industry is huge and sadly there is no check on the cruelty that these petite animals have to face. We can do our bit by not using animal tested products and raise awareness on this issue.

The fact that cosmetic industry has no check is prevalent all over the world. There is an unholy nexus between the cosmetic industry and the vested interests in the government. This is a well known fact all over the world. So poor helpless animals are destined to die like this.
Thank you said by: Ashii
Most people dislike cruelty but they are indifferent to the cruelty that they do not see. Thus women would use cosmetics even though they could avoid if they had seen the cruelty with their own eyes. This is similar to many taking non veg food though they cannot witness the butchering. As there is not public awareness, it is next to impossible to avoid cruelty to animals caused in manufacture of products.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Ashii
Most people dislike cruelty but they are indifferent to the cruelty that they do not see. Thus women would use cosmetics even though they could avoid if they had seen the cruelty with their own eyes. This is similar to many taking non veg food though they cannot witness the butchering. As there is not public awareness, it is next to impossible to avoid cruelty to animals caused in manufacture of products.

The example you mentioned is very apt. But there are people who after witnessing the butchering do give up non veg food. So we can expect a change only when some light is thrown on the issue and people are made aware on the level of barbarity the animals have to face.

The example you mentioned is very apt. But there are people who after witnessing the butchering do give up non veg food. So we can expect a change only when some light is thrown on the issue and people are made aware on the level of barbarity the animals have to face.

This will need making video of actual cruelty and display widely. But this is not very feasible. People witness butchering of hens or goats in surroundings but cruelty for cosmetics products is very remote.

This will need making video of actual cruelty and display widely. But this is not very feasible. People witness butchering of hens or goats in surroundings but cruelty for cosmetics products is very remote.

You are right. After seeing butchering of animals and seeing those poor animals struggling for life, years ago, I switched over to vegetarianism.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I would like to mention that I did my summer training from an institute in North India where one of my projects required me to collect blood from a rabbit. Though an expert collected the blood it was very heart wrenching to see the rabbit being subjected to the pain. On asking the project leader told us that there is no substitute, it had to be done for the experiment. :dry:

I would like to mention that I did my summer training from an institute in North India where one of my projects required me to collect blood from a rabbit. Though an expert collected the blood it was very heart wrenching to see the rabbit being subjected to the pain. On asking the project leader told us that there is no substitute, it had to be done for the experiment. :dry:

There is need to reduce pain if not possible to completely avoid.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.