Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As Rambabuji pointed out above, there's something more. Like, for example, "sugar". We don't say, give me one sugar. We use some unit like KG, etc.So data also belongs to the same category. (((I hope I have given the right explanation.)))

What you added will come under 'How much', the mass noun which i mentioned above. Anyway Data can be used as singular and plural.
As Rambabuji pointed out above, there's something more. Like, for example, "sugar". We don't say, give me one sugar. We use some unit like KG, etc.So data also belongs to the same category. (((I hope I have given the right explanation.)))

haha but do we ever say - give me 30 bit or 2 KB or 3 MB or 4 GB data. We simply transfer or download any amount of data and it still remains data. Mind it I have written 'remains' and not 'remain' but you can use both of these. Cheers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

haha but do we ever say - give me 30 bit or 2 KB or 3 MB or 4 GB data. We simply transfer or download any amount of data and it still remains data. Mind it I have written 'remains' and not 'remain' but you can use both of these. Cheers.

Yes, that's why I said I hope I gave the correct explanation. Anyways, thanks for the inputs.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.