The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Parenting is no doubt the most important aspect , but when a child beegins schooling there is interaction of a different kind and it is not easy to stop him/her from learning bad habits which may not be easy to detect in the beginning but later when it gets out of hand parents become paranoid....I personally feel that parents and teachers should be in continuous communication which helps a lot since they are able to discuss and compare and make amends as and when needed....[/quote

This certainly a better view. I agree parents and teachers should be in continuous communication. If it is done there is no necessity of counselling..
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Parenting is no doubt the most important aspect , but when a child beegins schooling there is interaction of a different kind and it is not easy to stop him/her from learning bad habits which may not be easy to detect in the beginning but later when it gets out of hand parents become paranoid....I personally feel that parents and teachers should be in continuous communication which helps a lot since they are able to discuss and compare and make amends as and when needed....

True. ....also parenting is a continuous process, it is not like you teach your child whatever there is to be taught until a certain age and then let it go, you have to take continuous efforts. It is totally unavoidable to keep your children away from others and they are going to learn bad things, so we have to keep telling them what is the right thing to do.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Parenting is no doubt the most important aspect , but when a child beegins schooling there is interaction of a different kind and it is not easy to stop him/her from learning bad habits which may not be easy to detect in the beginning but later when it gets out of hand parents become paranoid....I personally feel that parents and teachers should be in continuous communication which helps a lot since they are able to discuss and compare and make amends as and when needed....

True. ....also parenting is a continuous process, it is not like you teach your child whatever there is to be taught until a certain age and then let it go, you have to take continuous efforts. It is totally unavoidable to keep your children away from others and they are going to learn bad things, so we have to keep telling them what is the right thing to do.

I agree with you. Parenting is a never ending job.even your offspring becomes the PM of a nation, still, the PM is the offspring of a parent. I heard Narendra Modi's mother still guides him.

I agree with you. Parenting is a never ending job.even your offspring becomes the PM of a nation, still, the PM is the offspring of a parent. I heard Narendra Modi's mother still guides him.

In fact parental guidance is most essential during teen years since all problems begin at that stage and later of course one can be in the background and give advise when and if asked....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In fact parental guidance is most essential during teen years since all problems begin at that stage and later of course one can be in the background and give advise when and if asked....

Yes. Parental guidance is needed from the formative years to teenage stage. From there, your own upbringing will say whether the child need your guidance further or not. After attaining adulthood some may get offended for the parental intervention. Of course, the parent knows it all and act as the conditions may be.

Yes. Parental guidance is needed from the formative years to teenage stage. From there, your own upbringing will say whether the child need your guidance further or not. After attaining adulthood some may get offended for the parental intervention. Of course, the parent knows it all and act as the conditions may be.

Wishing is one thing and reality is another thing. The fact is that many children unfortunately go astray in spite of good parents and their sincere efforts. Many times parents are not able to provide proper care and guidance. It is for such cases that need for counsellers is recommended. If everyone led a healthy life there would be no need for doctors and medicines.

Wishing is one thing and reality is another thing. The fact is that many children unfortunately go astray in spite of good parents and their sincere efforts. Many times parents are not able to provide proper care and guidance. It is for such cases that need for counsellers is recommended. If everyone led a healthy life there would be no need for doctors and medicines.

So , for feeding the doctors one has to become sick. Anyhow, let me say that what I proposed is not a wishful thinking but practical truth which was successfully implemented by me. Proving that every body who's capable of performing wise parenting will never think of councilling which is present day educational system's trap.

So , for feeding the doctors one has to become sick. Anyhow, let me say that what I proposed is not a wishful thinking but practical truth which was successfully implemented by me. Proving that every body who's capable of performing wise parenting will never think of councilling which is present day educational system's trap.

My compliments on your good parenting. In modern world full of stresses individuals with howsoever good parents and parenting can suffer from psychosomatic problems. Apart from medicines, the counseller helps the patient to come out of it by special techniques of interaction. The patient is able to come back to normal living. Please for goodness sake do not call counselling a trap. It is not a fair comment and pardon me for saying so shows a lack of proper understanding of these modern diseases due to life style etc causes. If counselling helps an affected person to come back to a normal life again would you still call it a trap. Till recently in many cases good parenting meant that the children would outwardly show acceptance but be full of resentment inside. Today they have an outlet.

My compliments on your good parenting. In modern world full of stresses individuals with howsoever good parents and parenting can suffer from psychosomatic problems. Apart from medicines, the counseller helps the patient to come out of it by special techniques of interaction. The patient is able to come back to normal living. Please for goodness sake do not call counselling a trap. It is not a fair comment and pardon me for saying so shows a lack of proper understanding of these modern diseases due to life style etc causes. If counselling helps an affected person to come back to a normal life again would you still call it a trap. Till recently in many cases good parenting meant that the children would outwardly show acceptance but be full of resentment inside. Today they have an outlet.[/quote

After going carefully through your response what i could understand is that you formed a wrong opinion about good parenting. Sorry to say that.

My compliments on your good parenting. In modern world full of stresses individuals with howsoever good parents and parenting can suffer from psychosomatic problems. Apart from medicines, the counseller helps the patient to come out of it by special techniques of interaction. The patient is able to come back to normal living. Please for goodness sake do not call counselling a trap. It is not a fair comment and pardon me for saying so shows a lack of proper understanding of these modern diseases due to life style etc causes. If counselling helps an affected person to come back to a normal life again would you still call it a trap. Till recently in many cases good parenting meant that the children would outwardly show acceptance but be full of resentment inside. Today they have an outlet.[/quote

After going carefully through your response what i could understand is that you formed a wrong opinion about good parenting. Sorry to say that.

But you will not accept the need for counsellers and counselling. It is indeed difficult to change attitudes. At no point have I discounted good parenting. I have repeatedly said that in spite of it children can go astray due to many other cause. Counselling helps in such cases. I am happy to say that.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.