The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Parenting is no doubt the most important aspect , but when a child beegins schooling there is interaction of a different kind and it is not easy to stop him/her from learning bad habits which may not be easy to detect in the beginning but later when it gets out of hand parents become paranoid....I personally feel that parents and teachers should be in continuous communication which helps a lot since they are able to discuss and compare and make amends as and when needed....

True. ....also parenting is a continuous process, it is not like you teach your child whatever there is to be taught until a certain age and then let it go, you have to take continuous efforts. It is totally unavoidable to keep your children away from others and they are going to learn bad things, so we have to keep telling them what is the right thing to do.

I agree with you. Parenting is a never ending job.even your offspring becomes the PM of a nation, still, the PM is the offspring of a parent. I heard Narendra Modi's mother still guides him.

In fact parental guidance is most essential during teen years since all problems begin at that stage and later of course one can be in the background and give advise when and if asked....

Yes. Parental guidance is needed from the formative years to teenage stage. From there, your own upbringing will say whether the child need your guidance further or not. After attaining adulthood some may get offended for the parental intervention. Of course, the parent knows it all and act as the conditions may be.

Wishing is one thing and reality is another thing. The fact is that many children unfortunately go astray in spite of good parents and their sincere efforts. Many times parents are not able to provide proper care and guidance. It is for such cases that need for counsellers is recommended. If everyone led a healthy life there would be no need for doctors and medicines.

So , for feeding the doctors one has to become sick. Anyhow, let me say that what I proposed is not a wishful thinking but practical truth which was successfully implemented by me. Proving that every body who's capable of performing wise parenting will never think of councilling which is present day educational system's trap.

My compliments on your good parenting. In modern world full of stresses individuals with howsoever good parents and parenting can suffer from psychosomatic problems. Apart from medicines, the counseller helps the patient to come out of it by special techniques of interaction. The patient is able to come back to normal living. Please for goodness sake do not call counselling a trap. It is not a fair comment and pardon me for saying so shows a lack of proper understanding of these modern diseases due to life style etc causes. If counselling helps an affected person to come back to a normal life again would you still call it a trap. Till recently in many cases good parenting meant that the children would outwardly show acceptance but be full of resentment inside. Today they have an outlet.[/quote

After going carefully through your response what i could understand is that you formed a wrong opinion about good parenting. Sorry to say that.

But you will not accept the need for counsellers and counselling. It is indeed difficult to change attitudes. At no point have I discounted good parenting. I have repeatedly said that in spite of it children can go astray due to many other cause. Counselling helps in such cases. I am happy to say that.

Why i should accept council ling when I doubly sure that it's not necessary? Any how i'm happy to see you happy vouching for counciling in some cases. Go ahead.
Parenting is no doubt the most important aspect , but when a child beegins schooling there is interaction of a different kind and it is not easy to stop him/her from learning bad habits which may not be easy to detect in the beginning but later when it gets out of hand parents become paranoid....I personally feel that parents and teachers should be in continuous communication which helps a lot since they are able to discuss and compare and make amends as and when needed....

True. ....also parenting is a continuous process, it is not like you teach your child whatever there is to be taught until a certain age and then let it go, you have to take continuous efforts. It is totally unavoidable to keep your children away from others and they are going to learn bad things, so we have to keep telling them what is the right thing to do.

I agree with you. Parenting is a never ending job.even your offspring becomes the PM of a nation, still, the PM is the offspring of a parent. I heard Narendra Modi's mother still guides him.

In fact parental guidance is most essential during teen years since all problems begin at that stage and later of course one can be in the background and give advise when and if asked....

Yes. Parental guidance is needed from the formative years to teenage stage. From there, your own upbringing will say whether the child need your guidance further or not. After attaining adulthood some may get offended for the parental intervention. Of course, the parent knows it all and act as the conditions may be.

Wishing is one thing and reality is another thing. The fact is that many children unfortunately go astray in spite of good parents and their sincere efforts. Many times parents are not able to provide proper care and guidance. It is for such cases that need for counsellers is recommended. If everyone led a healthy life there would be no need for doctors and medicines.

So , for feeding the doctors one has to become sick. Anyhow, let me say that what I proposed is not a wishful thinking but practical truth which was successfully implemented by me. Proving that every body who's capable of performing wise parenting will never think of councilling which is present day educational system's trap.

My compliments on your good parenting. In modern world full of stresses individuals with howsoever good parents and parenting can suffer from psychosomatic problems. Apart from medicines, the counseller helps the patient to come out of it by special techniques of interaction. The patient is able to come back to normal living. Please for goodness sake do not call counselling a trap. It is not a fair comment and pardon me for saying so shows a lack of proper understanding of these modern diseases due to life style etc causes. If counselling helps an affected person to come back to a normal life again would you still call it a trap. Till recently in many cases good parenting meant that the children would outwardly show acceptance but be full of resentment inside. Today they have an outlet.[/quote

After going carefully through your response what i could understand is that you formed a wrong opinion about good parenting. Sorry to say that.

But you will not accept the need for counsellers and counselling. It is indeed difficult to change attitudes. At no point have I discounted good parenting. I have repeatedly said that in spite of it children can go astray due to many other cause. Counselling helps in such cases. I am happy to say that.

Why i should accept council ling when I doubly sure that it's not necessary? Any how i'm happy to see you happy vouching for counciling in some cases. Go ahead.

A person who is in need of counselling rarely accepts the fact. It is generally an attitudnal and ego problem. Also unfortunately there are significant numbers in society who consider such patients as lunatics or mentally deficient . It is his close well wishers who see him suffering and are aware of psychological treatment methods who take him to a psychologist who may many a time suggest parallel counselling. In young school going children many times they are not able to decide about career choice or some other difficulty which because of its nature they may not share with parents or friends. That is where in many good schools counsellors play an important role. It is helpful in nature and once persons understand it or see benefits they do not oppose it or speak against it.
My effort has been to show you the beneficial side of counselling --- see how difficult it is to accept new ideas and change opinions.

A person who is in need of counselling rarely accepts the fact. It is generally an attitudnal and ego problem. Also unfortunately there are significant numbers in society who consider such patients as lunatics or mentally deficient . It is his close well wishers who see him suffering and are aware of psychological treatment methods who take him to a psychologist who may many a time suggest parallel counselling. In young school going children many times they are not able to decide about career choice or some other difficulty which because of its nature they may not share with parents or friends. That is where in many good schools counsellors play an important role. It is helpful in nature and once persons understand it or see benefits they do not oppose it or speak against it.
My effort has been to show you the beneficial side of counselling --- see how difficult it is to accept new ideas and change opinions.

Do you know wise parenting includes councilling ?

Why you are comparing good parenting and counselling is beyond me? They are not in opposition to each other. All are not lucky to have good parents. All parents cannot be 'good ' parents. Where will their children go. children of good parents also may be in need of counselling when they are adults or lose their parents. Pl be flexible in your attitude. Kindly respond and not react.

Why you are comparing good parenting and counselling is beyond me? They are not in opposition to each other. All are not lucky to have good parents. All parents cannot be 'good ' parents. Where will their children go. children of good parents also may be in need of counselling when they are adults or lose their parents. Pl be flexible in your attitude. Kindly respond and not react.

Here is my response. I learned good parenting from another good parent. If all are not good parents, they should learn good parenting from Good parents. Councilling after all what's it? To turn a person who is unable to find his inner and innate traits towards more productive ways by making him aware of his rich resources and making them work for his advantage. That's what is good parenting. I don't need that which I have already.
I personally endorse the view that schools shd have counsellors because man children living in joint families or in large families are unable to interact with their parents and express their views and moe importantly doubts and fears ...Also from my own experience as a teacher I feel that when the home atmosphere is not condusive to interaction, children feel the need to share things with someone and it is better to have a mature experienced person like a counsellor or even a teacher with whom they are able to open up, guide them rather than other students who may proably misguide and fill them with misinformation..I have seen this happen manytimes and the parents know there is something bothering their child but are unable to go to the root of the problem because of their own inability for whatever reason !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I personally endorse the view that schools shd have counsellors because man children living in joint families or in large families are unable to interact with their parents and express their views and moe importantly doubts and fears ...Also from my own experience as a teacher I feel that when the home atmosphere is not condusive to interaction, children feel the need to share things with someone and it is better to have a mature experienced person like a counsellor or even a teacher with whom they are able to open up, guide them rather than other students who may proably misguide and fill them with misinformation..I have seen this happen manytimes and the parents know there is something bothering their child but are unable to go to the root of the problem because of their own inability for whatever reason !

Councilling by teacher is the most effective way. But what I wanted to say if the purpose of councilling is served by the teacher or the parent is served, there is no need of a separate councilling.do you think parents cannot do councilling? Councilling is a part of good parenting. As you suggested earlier a continuouous interaction between the parents and the teachers would be an ideal way child upbringing.

Councilling by teacher is the most effective way. But what I wanted to say if the purpose of councilling is served by the teacher or the parent is served, there is no need of a separate councilling.do you think parents cannot do councilling? Councilling is a part of good parenting. As you suggested earlier a continuouous interaction between the parents and the teachers would be an ideal way child upbringing.

Definitely ! What you mention is an ideal situation where parents and teachers interact and gauge a child's progress. But this kind of atmosphere exists when many factors come together like financial security, compatibility betweeb the parents and the general home atmosphere.When there is an imbalance a child gets directly effected and parents may never realise that the child is mentally suffering becsue the child may not even realise what is bothering him or her. At such times a Counsellor can help because he or she is trained to look for signs of stress in a child..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Definitely ! What you mention is an ideal situation where parents and teachers interact and gauge a child's progress. But this kind of atmosphere exists when many factors come together like financial security, compatibility betweeb the parents and the general home atmosphere.When there is an imbalance a child gets directly effected and parents may never realise that the child is mentally suffering becsue the child may not even realise what is bothering him or her. At such times a Counsellor can help because he or she is trained to look for signs of stress in a child..

Earlier there used to be regular parent-teacher meets. During this period, teachers used to make note of those children with learning difficulties and other abnormalities. And these children used to get a special attention from the teachers in separate sessions.

Earlier there used to be regular parent-teacher meets. During this period, teachers used to make note of those children with learning difficulties and other abnormalities. And these children used to get a special attention from the teachers in separate sessions.

In today's times earlier arrangements no longer hold. Counsellors are a need and those in need should be sent to them to save them from either taking wrong discussions or going into depressions. Every time/age has its solutions.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.