Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My question is what's the necessity of a mobile for a student?

According to me the only use of mobile phone in school is to receive their parent call in time of emergency.. Otherwise mobile phone is Useless.

A lame excuse. Instead of calling the student parent should contact the head of the school or class teacher.

It used to be a lame excuse but now no more. Recently we see and hear so many horrible incidents happening to students that were caused due to negligence of school authorities and sometimes serious cases of abuses by school teachers, peons etc. being suppressed by school authorities. Recently, in the month of March, a school girl of about 6 was raped by school bus driver and bus attendant within the school premises at 9 in the morning. When the parents complained , the school principal took their side but she was pressured by management to shut up and parents were offered money. But the PTA members sided with parents and the case was brought in the media. This has nothing really to do with mobiles, but my point is that in order to feel safe, the parents need to be able to connect with their child any place at any time.Children too need that assurance now!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It must be banned in schools.Because it will affect their studies and they may get addicted to wrong things on net. Parents should not allow the children to take mobiles to schools. The authorities of schools must ban the usage of mobile phones inside the school campus.
We often see students using mobiles in school premises and classes. Students use it to chit chat or surfing anything. This is also affecting their studies and also sometimes they surf something wrong on the net. What is your view, should mobiles banned in all the schools.

I think it is not permissible to give smart phones to school children. But a basic phone should be allowed. But of course, even a basic phone should be switched off inside the classroom and within the school premises. But in case of an emergency, a basic phone without any Internet connection can prove useful owing to lurking dangers of every kind these days.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

We often see students using mobiles in school premises and classes. Students use it to chit chat or surfing anything. This is also affecting their studies and also sometimes they surf something wrong on the net. What is your view, should mobiles banned in all the schools.

I think it is not permissible to give smart phones to school children. But a basic phone should be allowed. But of course, even a basic phone should be switched off inside the classroom and within the school premises. But in case of an emergency, a basic phone without any Internet connection can prove useful owing to lurking dangers of every kind these days.

I ask the question, " Why a Mobile " is necessary for a student? instead of tying the loose ends in the system, we are blaming the system. It's a classic example of " Blaming the tools", created and misused only by us.
I think mobiles should not be given to the students. It should be a responsibility of both teacher and parents that the students are not using mobiles, if they want to use mobiles it should be in the knowledge of parents that for what purpose their kids are using mobiles.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Mobiles have become a status symbol for many. This is a wrong belief. This wrong belief should be erased from the minds of the people at the earliest.

I ask the question, " Why a Mobile " is necessary for a student? instead of tying the loose ends in the system, we are blaming the system. It's a classic example of " Blaming the tools", created and misused only by us.

A smart phone has the option of getting an internet connection...but a basic phone....which can be used only for receiving and making calls is necessary now. Everyday, internet connection is of course not necessary for a school going or college going student...but a basic phone is a need because times have changed...when kids are not safe even inside the school premises...not even inside a bus..where a 5 yrs is not spared..a phone can come handy...at least for the slightly bigger kids,,to connect with their parents when required. After all parents can't stay with their children 24/7. Ideally a cell phone is required when we go out i mean in a different geographical location, but i don't advise or agree the use of a cell phone inside a school/ classroom not until it is an emergency.

A smart phone has the option of getting an internet connection...but a basic phone....which can be used only for receiving and making calls is necessary now. Everyday, internet connection is of course not necessary for a school going or college going student...but a basic phone is a need because times have changed...when kids are not safe even inside the school premises...not even inside a bus..where a 5 yrs is not spared..a phone can come handy...at least for the slightly bigger kids,,to connect with their parents when required. After all parents can't stay with their children 24/7. Ideally a cell phone is required when we go out i mean in a different geographical location, but i don't advise or agree the use of a cell phone inside a school/ classroom not until it is an emergency.[/quote

The simple Thumb rule is to know if the cell phone is required. This aspect is known by simple observation. If it's a crime prone area, yes keep a phone handy to stay connected. If not carrying a cell phone for the sake of show is meaningless.

A smart phone has the option of getting an internet connection...but a basic phone....which can be used only for receiving and making calls is necessary now. Everyday, internet connection is of course not necessary for a school going or college going student...but a basic phone is a need because times have changed...when kids are not safe even inside the school premises...not even inside a bus..where a 5 yrs is not spared..a phone can come handy...at least for the slightly bigger kids,,to connect with their parents when required. After all parents can't stay with their children 24/7. Ideally a cell phone is required when we go out i mean in a different geographical location, but i don't advise or agree the use of a cell phone inside a school/ classroom not until it is an emergency.[/quote

The simple Thumb rule is to know if the cell phone is required. This aspect is known by simple observation. If it's a crime prone area, yes keep a phone handy to stay connected. If not carrying a cell phone for the sake of show is meaningless.

Yes, a cell phone is not an accessory and should not be used as one. Also, as parents we should know when to give and allow children to use a cell phone.

Yes, a cell phone is not an accessory and should not be used as one. Also, as parents we should know when to give and allow children to use a cell phone.

Exactly. No other except parents can know the conditions of the local scenario. They should study the things and do accordingly.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.