Please see this two links. In the two videos one is telling the meaning and in the other it tells the same with silent.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140815/lifestyle-offbeat/article/watch-did-you-know-meaning-our-national-anthem

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140814/lifestyle-offbeat/article/watch-national-anthem-no-sound
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The national anthem was in fact composed in honor of Emperor George V and Aueen of England- addressed as 'Jan man Gan adhinayak'. But after its selection as national anthem, people of India are supposed to be 'jan maa gana adhinayak'. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan, suni51
It's not exactly a silent movie. The meaning was in writing.
The national anthem was in fact composed in honor of Emperor George V and Aueen of England- addressed as 'Jan man Gan adhinayak'. But after its selection as national anthem, people of India are supposed to be 'jan maa gana adhinayak'. .

True...the verse was written in praise of King George V and to welcome him on his visit to India. But even after so many years after independence why are we still singing praises to a king who never was ours???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

True...the verse was written in praise of King George V and to welcome him on his visit to India. But even after so many years after independence why are we still singing praises to a king who never was ours???

I agree, despite repeated reminders by learned people we have not changed its wordings. It will be better if they change the words if not the entire anthem. Besides few words like Sindh is no part of India any more.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Please see this two links. In the two videos one is telling the meaning and in the other it tells the same with silent.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140815/lifestyle-offbeat/article/watch-did-you-know-meaning-our-national-anthem

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140814/lifestyle-offbeat/article/watch-national-anthem-no-sound

Yes, some time back the national anthem (given in the second link) was aired on television channels but not anymore. What is referred to as silent national anthem speaks a volume!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

BUt what else could we do. 'Sare jahan se achha Hindustan hamara'- author Mohd. Iqbal was mastermid behind Pakistan. even then his song is national song. Vande mataram- is too much sanskritized and may b difficult. To mind the best song for national anthem would be- Kadam kadam badhaye jaa, khushi ke geet gaye jaa- yeh zindagi hai kaum ki- kaum pe lutaye jaa." But this was song of Azad Hid Fauz of Netaji Bose and so the government would not select this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

BUt what else could we do. 'Sare jahan se achha Hindustan hamara'- author Mohd. Iqbal was mastermid behind Pakistan. even then his song is national song. Vande mataram- is too much sanskritized and may b difficult. To mind the best song for national anthem would be- Kadam kadam badhaye jaa, khushi ke geet gaye jaa- yeh zindagi hai kaum ki- kaum pe lutaye jaa." But this was song of Azad Hid Fauz of Netaji Bose and so the government would not select this.

I prefer, 'Sare Jahan ' Saying "Hindi hai Hindustan Hamara". Is more appropriate.

I prefer, 'Sare Jahan ' Saying "Hindi hai Hindustan Hamara". Is more appropriate.

If I were to choose the national anthem..yes, even I prefer sare jahan se accha,Hindustan hamara.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

If I were to choose the national anthem..yes, even I prefer sare jahan se accha,Hindustan hamara.

The lines like, "Hum Bulbrlein Hain Iska, Yeh gulsita Hamara." make it unique.

I agree, despite repeated reminders by learned people we have not changed its wordings. It will be better if they change the words if not the entire anthem. Besides few words like Sindh is no part of India any more.

Exactly....and there is also no need to change any wordings., we have the most beautiful salutations ever written to one's motherland in the form of Vande Mataram. it truly and beautifully expresses the real essence of our country and the feelings of us all towards our country. But only to appease a faction of people belonging to certain community, it has been simply relegated as National song when it could very well have been our anthem!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.