Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The national anthem was in fact composed in honor of Emperor George V and Aueen of England- addressed as 'Jan man Gan adhinayak'. But after its selection as national anthem, people of India are supposed to be 'jan maa gana adhinayak'. .

True...the verse was written in praise of King George V and to welcome him on his visit to India. But even after so many years after independence why are we still singing praises to a king who never was ours???

BUt what else could we do. 'Sare jahan se achha Hindustan hamara'- author Mohd. Iqbal was mastermid behind Pakistan. even then his song is national song. Vande mataram- is too much sanskritized and may b difficult. To mind the best song for national anthem would be- Kadam kadam badhaye jaa, khushi ke geet gaye jaa- yeh zindagi hai kaum ki- kaum pe lutaye jaa." But this was song of Azad Hid Fauz of Netaji Bose and so the government would not select this.

I prefer, 'Sare Jahan ' Saying "Hindi hai Hindustan Hamara". Is more appropriate.

If I were to choose the national anthem..yes, even I prefer sare jahan se accha,Hindustan hamara.

Sare jahan se acchha is a good song no doubt but we can never forget the clear inclinations of its author and hence it will not be accepted, I can not myself. Vande mataram in my opinion is the best and the only one that perfectly matches our country's essence, even if it is Sansrkrit, it is not difficult to say it, considering how easily bollywood songs are learned by heart, one can surely take a little efforts to sing the national song.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
The national anthem was in fact composed in honor of Emperor George V and Aueen of England- addressed as 'Jan man Gan adhinayak'. But after its selection as national anthem, people of India are supposed to be 'jan maa gana adhinayak'. .

True...the verse was written in praise of King George V and to welcome him on his visit to India. But even after so many years after independence why are we still singing praises to a king who never was ours???

BUt what else could we do. 'Sare jahan se achha Hindustan hamara'- author Mohd. Iqbal was mastermid behind Pakistan. even then his song is national song. Vande mataram- is too much sanskritized and may b difficult. To mind the best song for national anthem would be- Kadam kadam badhaye jaa, khushi ke geet gaye jaa- yeh zindagi hai kaum ki- kaum pe lutaye jaa." But this was song of Azad Hid Fauz of Netaji Bose and so the government would not select this.

I prefer, 'Sare Jahan ' Saying "Hindi hai Hindustan Hamara". Is more appropriate.

If I were to choose the national anthem..yes, even I prefer sare jahan se accha,Hindustan hamara.

Sare jahan se acchha is a good song no doubt but we can never forget the clear inclinations of its author and hence it will not be accepted, I can not myself. Vande mataram in my opinion is the best and the only one that perfectly matches our country's essence, even if it is Sansrkrit, it is not difficult to say it, considering how easily bollywood songs are learned by heart, one can surely take a little efforts to sing the national song.

That is true..though this song is in Sanskrit..it is still easy to learn it by heart and hum along. A beautiful song indeed!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
As far as possible, a National Anthem should be simple both in language and rendition. In this respect, "Saare Jahan Se" has an edge over other options
As far as possible, a National Anthem should be simple both in language and rendition. In this respect, "Saare Jahan Se" has an edge over other options

Maybe...but for a song to qualify as an anthem, simplicity should not be the norm but its meaning and the way it portrays the essence of a country should be the norm. Sare jahan se...does not qualify that way!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is no proposal t change the national anthem. The issue is about meaning of the anthem. whatever be the origin, curently, the anthem is addressed to people of India who are 'jan gana mana adhinayak'. The anthem does not relate so much to geographical boundary but more to people. Though Sindh is not in India, there are many Sindhis ad so the word 'Sindh' occuring in the anthem relates to them.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.