Many schools and even parents teach their children rhymes. In worst scenario, rhymes are forcefully pushed into kid's brain. But is this necessary? These rhymes don't carry any meaning. Instead kid can be allowed to play freely or can be given some activities that can keep them engaged and also develop their innovative mind.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Many schools and even parents teach their children rhymes. In worst scenario, rhymes are forcefully pushed into kid's brain. But is this necessary? These rhymes don't carry any meaning. Instead kid can be allowed to play freely or can be given some activities that can keep them engaged and also develop their innovative mind.

Most kids enjoy singing and dancing...it is not taught..they hum along and move about upon hearing any kind of pleasing music. I guess that is why rhymes are used to teach kids..an easy way to club actions and teach words and add to their vocabulary.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Most kids enjoy singing and dancing...it is not taught..they hum along and move about upon hearing any kind of pleasing music. I guess that is why rhymes are used to teach kids..an easy way to club actions and teach words and add to their vocabulary.

Play schools are teaching both play and rhymes. It is a easy way to learn for the children.
Nursery rhymes enable children to learn language skill playfully. For example rhymes like 'Baa Baa Black sheep', 'Jack and Jill' eable children to learn that sheep provide us wool and that one may fall when coming from upwards.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

They are necessary for children since rhymes teach word and sentence formation in a fun manner and children also learn tune and co ordination.Most small children start responding to rhymes taught at home as early as 12 months onwards ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I saw a video on U tube explaining color names in rhyme- different color bogeys attached to railway engine. I played that video before small child who was so happy to see that. Thus even colors, flower names etch can be learned playfully through rhymes.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Children in Kindergarten may not go to school if they put rhymes in their academics. Because children usually don't like to go to school even if they have all games to be played in Kindergarten. If they introduce rhyms. They will start crying in house that "I will not go to school today!". ;)

Rhymes are introduced in young children through music and dance. In this way children learn new words and hymns along with some singing and dancing. Children enjoy it. It is the most easiest way to teach children about new words and sentences. It not only increases their vocabulary but also allows them to develop their imaginative power.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Children in Kindergarten may not go to school if they put rhymes in their academics. Because children usually don't like to go to school even if they have all games to be played in Kindergarten. If they introduce rhyms. They will start crying in house that "I will not go to school today!". ;)

From what i have experience it is actually the other way round. Children actually love the nursery rhymes with its actions and musics. Whether they are able to get the wordings right or not but most of the children love the rhymes period and become very active. They do not consider rhymes as an academic thing but something very fun. It is unfortunate that many people think that rhymes are meaningless. Nowadays each and every rhymes that are taught to children actually serves a purpose. They not only improves the children's vocalbury but also teach about other things such as cleanliness, moral values etc

From what i have experience it is actually the other way round. Children actually love the nursery rhymes with its actions and musics. Whether they are able to get the wordings right or not but most of the children love the rhymes period and become very active. They do not consider rhymes as an academic thing but something very fun. It is unfortunate that many people think that rhymes are meaningless. Nowadays each and every rhymes that are taught to children actually serves a purpose. They not only improves the children's vocalbury but also teach about other things such as cleanliness, moral values etc

Exactly my feelings, Nursery Rhymes are part of a complete education system and has a purpose to serve ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nursery Rhymes are absolutely necessary. They are not just rhymes but they are the first steps to rhythmic movement and Team work and discipline. The child knows how to behave in a team.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.