Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

The very purpose of education is to make the pupil think. Once the pupil acquires the ability to think, things will follow on their own accord. The pupil will chart out his own course of life and needs.

But the question is our educational institutions both government and private are successful in making its pupils think ? Or they making them Robots??

The current education system in fact is taking away the children's ability to think. It is turning children into competitive robots only fit for doing prescribed jobs.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The very purpose of education is to make the pupil think. Once the pupil acquires the ability to think, things will follow on their own accord. The pupil will chart out his own course of life and needs.

But the question is our educational institutions both government and private are successful in making its pupils think ? Or they making them Robots??

The current education system in fact is taking away the children's ability to think. It is turning children into competitive robots only fit for doing prescribed jobs.

The most conspicuously missing aspect in the current education system is lack of application. Today's students learn 2 multiplied by 2 is equal to 4. Ask them to apply this knowledge to the real life. They cut a blank face.This is an example in the rudimentary level.

This is how pathetic the education system is

Well It is really interesting to see all the different points of view and all are justified In  their own way. However,  I would not like to believe that everything sbout the education system Is wrong. Constant efforts are being made for improvement and we have come a long way ..but yes we have a long way to go as well.  When I was a student,  I remember  most of our teachers used to use the lecture method, explain a topic ,give some home work and leave . It was for us to understand,  memorise and write. Now It is not so. Most schools ( i have taught In many parts of the country) are child centric, learning Is activity based where you do and learn , audio visual aids are used , field trips are taken. So far as the schools In remote area Is concerned,  earlier there was no education,  now at least there Is an attempt to get everyone literate..we just need to convince the patents snd God willing we will succeed soon .

A lot has to be done in the present educational system. Times are changing. Along with the changing times, it is mandatory to change the way of teaching, while utilizing the technological aspects. This is what i have to say.

I favor abolition of policy of 'no detention'. Examination is sould of any education system.  €Just attending class does not imply successfulk completion of studies. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I favor abolition of policy of 'no detention'. Examination is sould of any education system.  €Just attending class does not imply successfulk completion of studies. 

I agree with you sir.No Detention policy makes the already weak education system further weak.

No detention policy is put up so that audit of education services does not place. 

Most teachers and educationists are against this policy and are for revoking it..There may be further developments after  reports have been submitted on the 3rd by various states and reviewed by the concerned ministers 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/No-detention-policy-Scrap-it-or-amend-it-say-principals/articleshow/48738543.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Lopamudra

Most of the educational institutions are of the opinion, " Scrap it or amend it. "

Yes, as I had mentioned earlier, students have started taking their studies very lightly as a result of which the performance level has gone down. So, scrapping the policy seems to be the answer. Nevertheless, one can only hope that the number of school goers don't drop and parents can be convinced to keep sending their children to school to maintain the literacy level. As mentioned by some Educationists, making the policy applicable till class 5 may not be a bad idea as it would be in sync with RTE for all..whatever be the final decision, one can only hope for progress in the positive direction. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.