Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Scraping is the only Ideal solution. On August 19, the country's premier advisory body on education strongly favoured revocation of no-detention policy up to Class 8 and bringing back Class 10 board exams.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/education/story/cabe-recommends-revocation-of-no-detention-policy/1/459800.html

Education as I strongly advocate is as much a right as an effective means,an instrument to free oneself from poverty, ignorance.So,what is needed,is a comprehensive, holistic approach to education with quality forming its core.The celebral sections of us have already expressed themselves in favor of dumping this dangerous policy which seeks to compromise with quality to promote quantity.Now it is eminently feasible to provide quality education with digital revolution to every nook and corner of the country.There are simply no shortcuts and quick fixes.We have to pore over its social and economic implications and frame appropriate strategies.

Yes. Chinmoy. The nucleus of education should be Quality. It will be an exercise in futility to look for short cuts and quick fixes.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Education as I strongly advocate is as much a right as an effective means,an instrument to free oneself from poverty, ignorance.So,what is needed,is a comprehensive, holistic approach to education with quality forming its core.The celebral sections of us have already expressed themselves in favor of dumping this dangerous policy which seeks to compromise with quality to promote quantity.Now it is eminently feasible to provide quality education with digital revolution to every nook and corner of the country.There are simply no shortcuts and quick fixes.We have to pore over its social and economic implications and frame appropriate strategies.

The major problem our education system faces is the vast gulf between government run schools where even infra structure is not provided and the private schools where the students are pampered ..We all know that with money one can buy anything in our country including degrees. Recently I saw a news item where the Supreme court has come down heavily on lawyers saying that they need to undergo health checkups before taking on sensitive criminal cases , also that 30% have fake degrees !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Lawyers-must-face-fitness-tests-to-appear-in-court-SC/articleshow/48930799.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha It is undeniably true that there are deliberate efforts to brand education and push it beyond the reach and means of ordinary people of India. While the major part of the blame has to be laid at the doors of governments,I can't exonerate a substantial section of the teaching community who have grown greedy,immoral and just smug in their enjoyment with their share in this spoils system.

Greediness and immorality are the root cause for this plague in all the sections of Teaching community. Undoubtedly Government's cold attitude is responsible

chinmoymukherjee wrote:@Usha It is undeniably true that there are deliberate efforts to brand education and push it beyond the reach and means of ordinary people of India. While the major part of the blame has to be laid at the doors of governments,I can't exonerate a substantial section of the teaching community who have grown greedy,immoral and just smug in their enjoyment with their share in this spoils system.

I agree, the blame lies with all concerned, to a certain extent on the parents as well who want to send their children to expensive schools even if they cannot afford to do so because they feel it ups their status among their relatives and friends 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Seeing all this, I think it is necessary to get the parents educated. Of course every one in the system done his bit to reduce the system of education into shambles.

@Usha

Your point is unexceptionally true . Their contribution to this thoroughly unedifying phenomenon is a cause for worry. Of all things the PM Modi has been advocating on various issues, his emphasis on providing broadband connectivity to rural India is seminal and pragmatic. This is the only way to fight this trend.I envisage a situation where the video lectures, demos of our best teaching talents would be easily available and accessible to the poor, needy yet exceptionally talented students in any part of india, thereby eliminating the endless chain of vested interests.

@ Usha, yes the infrastructure In private schools and govt schools can not be compared which does lead to a lot of difference but It is also true that a school Is good or bad depending on its results which in turn Is dependent on its teaching staff. Parents want the best for their children or so It seems based on the Interactions I've had with people from different places. If the school results have been good they aimto put their children there sbject to clearing  stiff competition to get into these schools eith admission tests and so on...not talking of the new age scools but the old good schools do not really charge that high either...I have myself studied In Kendriya Vidyalayas , central govt schools, throughout and have taught on adhoc basis at times . I have found these schools to be doing really well in places where the teaching staff is good. In fact even now, the KVs are producing great results , their curriculum Includes NCERT books which cover the syllabus for competitive exams. So, cant really generalize...there is a side which raises concern but the entire education system can not be held at fault

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.