Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

@ Usha, yes the infrastructure In private schools and govt schools can not be compared which does lead to a lot of difference but It is also true that a school Is good or bad depending on its results which in turn Is dependent on its teaching staff. Parents want the best for their children or so It seems based on the Interactions I've had with people from different places. If the school results have been good they aimto put their children there sbject to clearing  stiff competition to get into these schools eith admission tests and so on...not talking of the new age scools but the old good schools do not really charge that high either...I have myself studied In Kendriya Vidyalayas , central govt schools, throughout and have taught on adhoc basis at times . I have found these schools to be doing really well in places where the teaching staff is good. In fact even now, the KVs are producing great results , their curriculum Includes NCERT books which cover the syllabus for competitive exams. So, cant really generalize...there is a side which raises concern but the entire education system can not be held at fault

There are certain rules and regulations that are applicable while enroling students into Kendriya Vidyalaya since it is meant for central government employees children or for those with transferable jobs etc .So, even though it is really good and well run, all through India majority of the people cannot send their children there even if they want to .So the only option would be to send them to expensive private schools.If we had better state run schools, this difference between the state run and private schools would decrease and even middle class people would look readily at that option

Coming back to the topic I feel that as of now India needs a system that needs uphaul right from the ground levels before experimenting with the education itself thereby diluting the quality

Got your point. Was just trying to emphasize that govt can provide reasonably good infrastructure and education if they really want to..KVs are examples but their again it depends on the teachers because in many places teachers take it easy knowing it is govt job and unless they go terribly wrong no one can take it away from them .I also do agree that state run schools have a long way to go and govt needs to pay more attention there.

What you say is very true ! It is even worse in state run schools, they take it really really easy because noone really bothers. My own school which is in a village is now closed for 4 days because the hall is being used by the Village headman for Ganpathy festival .It is the politicians and their cronies literally running the education system !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

“Right to education” exists, but is our youth getting the right kind of education?"

Let this question be answered by our Politicians. They shower all kinds of promises and boons before elections. And these boons and promises remain unaltered until next elections.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.