Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No use bemoaning the loss of the traditional values which once used to be the cornerstone of an almost divine relationship. Both sides are destructively working overtime to knock the stuffing out of it.In olden and golden times teachers were financially poor but never poverty-stricken in their minds and ideals.Now I see corporal punishment and worse have been reserved for teachers - what a fall,my countrymen!!

Exactly. There is no use crying over loss of the traditional Values in Education. In a civic reception held to honor for his achievement in the field of Space research Late APJ Kalam said. This honor belongs to him" pointing out a person who was sitting in the gathering clad in a humble Dhoti and Kurta. He was none other than Dr. Kalam's Teacher. That was the honor bestowed on old traditional values existed in the education system.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:No use bemoaning the loss of the traditional values which once used to be the cornerstone of an almost divine relationship. Both sides are destructively working overtime to knock the stuffing out of it.In olden and golden times teachers were financially poor but never poverty-stricken in their minds and ideals.Now I see corporal punishment and worse have been reserved for teachers - what a fall,my countrymen!!

I agree, it takes both sides...This is not to degrade teachers in general since I am one too...But in my own school the sports teacher is called Hitler by the students because he behaves like one and another teacher ( I hope he is not around here ) asks boys to go to the nearest toddy shop to bring him a packet of local liquor during the break, so they call him Mugal, which in Thulu means overcast, normally this term is used for someone who is intoxicated ! Now, how can you expect students to respect such teachers unless they have some other sterling quality that overshadows these obvious traits that dont go well ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Today's generation is much more attracted towards western culture, also parents are not taking care of their kids. In olden days people usually lived in joint families, but now people like to live separately. In joint families, grandparents used to teach the kids about the behavior and to respect elders. Now days it is not happening and kids in school even use some funny nickname for their teacher. Such as if a teacher is having fewer hairs on his head then students start calling him "takla" to make fun of him. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

@usha manohar

I agree with you that there are teachers who don't deserve to be respected but there are many students among the present generation who are misbehaving with those teachers too who are in general very good in every respect. Whenever a student is getting scolded for his fault then they are not ready to accept their fault rather start passing humiliating comments .

shampasaid

Students of this age think misbehaving with the teachers, Booing them consider as an act of heroism. In one way they are influenced by cheap movies. Of course Bad parenting is also a reason. You said about your kid that he never dares to misbehave with the teachers. Why  ? It is due to wise parents like you  who teach good behaviour in the premises of your home itself.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@usha manohar

I agree with you that there are teachers who don't deserve to be respected but there are many students among the present generation who are misbehaving with those teachers too who are in general very good in every respect. Whenever a student is getting scolded for his fault then they are not ready to accept their fault rather start passing humiliating comments .

True, this is a behavioral pattern I feel, because children are not taught to accept their mistakes right from childhood. I also feel that instead of scolding and using abusive language which many teachers do these days , speaking to them at their level and making them understand would be far more effective..Understanding them helps them understand us and also respond in a more positive manner !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I agree, it takes both sides...This is not to degrade teachers in general since I am one too...But in my own school the sports teacher is called Hitler by the students because he behaves like one and another teacher ( I hope he is not around here ) asks boys to go to the nearest toddy shop to bring him a packet of local liquor during the break, so they call him Mugal, which in Thulu means overcast, normally this term is used for someone who is intoxicated ! Now, how can you expect students to respect such teachers unless they have some other sterling quality that overshadows these obvious traits that dont go well ..

When teachers fails to inspire and behave in a demeaning manner they deserves what they get. However, the trend of disrespecting teachers is not to be encouraged. While there are a few who fall off  the lofty pedestal there are many who labor to educate and build a nation. One rotten apple should not become the cause of  bad reputation for all teachers.

It is not a question of bemoaning a dead cause.. it is because there is a glimmer of hope we discuss issues like these here. 

@ Usha

I know you are a teacher. But you may be helpless at times. Your intention to impart good education to your students may be hindered  due to the system I know you could not help seeing your school being used for Ganesh Puja . It's not fair to blame the teachers when the fault lies in the system itself. It's necessary to work both teachers and the administration.together.

rambabu wrote:

@ Usha

I know you are a teacher. But you may be helpless at times. Your intention to impart good education to your students may be hindered  due to the system I know you could not help seeing your school being used for Ganesh Puja . It's not fair to blame the teachers when the fault lies in the system itself. It's necessary to work both teachers and the administration.together.

The problem here is not just the system but everybody including the teachers who contribute to it. Teachers have certain responsibility towards their career and when they tend to misuse it and do things halfheartedly the result is that they lose credibility and respect. Students on the other hand come from homes where the parents are far too busy to see the subtle changes that are taking place in their children due to peer pressure and outside influences all of which also make them revolt when the situation is ripe. But one can forgive them because they are still young,impressionable and can be corrected ..It is the sum total of all this that we see reflecting in teacher - student relationships.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.