Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@usha manohar

It is always true regarding the teenagers, be it at home or in school, that they must be handled with utmost care. There must be decent dialogue to make them understand but at times rebuking becomes mandatory because children by nature are very casual. It's not always that children intentionally disrespect their teachers and elders but they are not very careful about their attitude and they commit the mistake of disrespecting others. To change this we as parents and guardians need to be very watchful regarding our attitude and gradually the teenagers will learn to behave properly.

shampasaid

I agree. Parents need to be watchful and vigilant. Once a student goes out especially a teenager , parents believe that children had gone to school. This where parents should keep an eye on the movements of the students. It's difficult. Because if the child smells that he is being spied that very moment the trust breaks. And this situation may lead to many disastrous results.Parents should be both watchful and skillful.

Today students have alternatives to getting education only from schools. They can go to coaching classes and learn. They can go to internet and also get knowledge. So a class teacher is under competition. If they are not up to standard knowledgewise or conductwise students will not respect them. Today's children are not afraid.

I am neither a knee-jerk alarmist nor a dreamy optimist.Our understanding of a problem has to be ideally tempered by objectivity and acute awareness of ground realities. Our society is in ferment as far as visiting and revisiting our moral values are concerned. If a house is on fire,could its bedroom be safe? I am not to promote rowdy conduct of students but those gloss over the sociological context of it,badly fail in missing the larger point. As Manoj has aptly alluded.Similarly Usha has taken a very balanced view of things.Respect has to be earned ,not commanded at gun point!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Chinmoy, It is a fact that today's youngsters are a intelligent lot and as vijay rightly pointed out they are not afraid to express themselves often challenging the staff and teachers with their knowledge. I have seen that such a situation makes the teacher (who is skating on thin ice because more often than not he or she has no ready answers) ask the student to shut up and ask them to mind his/her manners before talking back to the teacher .. Instead if they frankly admit that they are interested in what the student says and asks the student to explain themselves , also alternatively admit that since you are not aware of all the facts, would get back the next day with more information , you could probably be on their side rather than make them feel inferior and also stop the process of fact finding from their side.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Creating confidence in students is very essential in a teacher. This trait in a teacher helps in avoiding ugly arguments and hostile atmosphere. Such teachers are respected. Such teachers can pave the way for mutual trust between the teacher and the students.

@rambabu

I meant that parents and guardians must be watchful regarding their own behaviour. I am never in favour of spying the children rather I believe in building trust.

@chinmoymukherjee

I loved the way you presented your opinion. I am also of the view as @usha manohar that teachers have to build a great reputation to earn respect but some children are far more aggressive and taming them softly becomes a real task. Sometimes spanking works but that does not mean one has to be inhuman.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Ok. I understood your point of view. But do you think that such parents are not there who spy on their children ? There are cases, where parents employing students of the same class oh his child for spying.

students of this generation are getting disrespectful toward the elders and the teachers of the school or the tution because of the bad students who is not taught to respect any person who is elder or senior than you. The bad student starts and the good student also get involved in this. This is all about having a good up brining. 

bhuyali saroj

@rambabu

Undoubtedly, there are parents who believe in spying and due to it they are spoiling their relationship with their children. That is why I say that the parents and guardians must learn to mind their behaviour and attitude.

@Manoj Kumar Lamba

I am extremely sorry to say that I fail to agree with your opinion. I respect joint family system very much because I am a product of a joint family but that does not mean the nuclear families lack moral values and etiquette. There are lots of examples where grandparents spoiled the children for either pampering too much or abusing for no rhyme or reason. I don't think that the present day parents are not taking care of their child is a right viewpoint. Yes, there are some who may have failed due to various reasons then similarly there were parents who to failed miserably, present day grandparents, then, how can we expect them to impart good lessons while being in a joint family?

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.