Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is not fair to blame only to parents, teachers and students. All are responsible for this situation. For parents a school is good one who have maximum facilities for their kids. A.C class rooms, water coolers and so on. They are not any problem with quality of faculty. Teachers are also responsible. We read in newspapers that teacher abuse girls students and some time they came to school after drinking alocohal. New genration of student is less displined. Before some days in Jodhpur at Delhi Public school, student of 9th  standard brings wine with him serve to all students. Who is responsible for it?

@usha manohar You are right that being antisocial is worse than drinking habit. The drunkards can pose a threat to family and society but occasional drinkers and that too in limitation is merely a way to relax. Yeah, I won't prefer the youngsters to drink in front of their elders but sometimes if it gets arranged by any senior person and he/she invites the young ones to join then I have no problem but all of them be it senior or junior must act decently.

shampasaid

anil wrote:

It is not fair to blame only to parents, teachers and students. All are responsible for this situation. For parents a school is good one who have maximum facilities for their kids. A.C class rooms, water coolers and so on. They are not any problem with quality of faculty. Teachers are also responsible. We read in newspapers that teacher abuse girls students and some time they came to school after drinking alocohal. New genration of student is less displined. Before some days in Jodhpur at Delhi Public school, student of 9th  standard brings wine with him serve to all students. Who is responsible for it?

Yes all are responsible for the pathetic condition prevailing in the education system. The examples you quoted really explain the situation.

Children today are moving at such a great pace...There is so much exposure...Internet, satellite TV, vedio games Influencing their lifestyle so much that it Is actually a  matter of great concern. Even these so called kids channels on TV show such serials that they are anything but influence ...Just the other day Isaw In some channel as I was surfing throughtthe channels, an animated serial showing  the teacher sleeping and the kids were copying in the exam to their hearts content. What can children learn from these. When we were in school, some of our teachers were also unnecessarily harsh at times. Dont think that made us disrespect them. Children today need guidance. It is for us adults to see what we want our future generation to be!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@Kalyani Nandurkar

Your explanation is truly meaningful. The teachers should satiate the quest of knowledge or else students will loose their interest which is never a positive sign. Well, it is not always that reservation is the criterion, sometimes it's the attitude of the teacher which  comes in between the students and the teacher. Some teachers are very arrogant and proud which never allow them to understand their student deeply. 

I agree Shampa that reservation is not the basic criterion, but we have to admit that ever since the reservation came to existence, the profession of teachers has become all about earning money and profit like all other professions, of course, with exceptions and with due respect to the teachers  who are true and pure of heart towards their profession, such as Usha, yourself, Vijay are! And the example of one rotten apple spoiling others holds true for this particular facet as well. Only because we keep hearing of increased incidences of teachers raping and abusing students.,beating them severely and causing permanent damage or sometimes even death, but cannot but shudder and it changes the attitude of looking towards the teacher as a whole.

Also, it is not just one factor that is the cause, there are too many things at work. Growing materialism, more importance to money, lack of empathy and sensitivity towards others etc. so we cannot blame only one single factor at any given time.,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Good teachers are there certainly. Unfortunately they are being outnumbered  by the teachers ( Should i call them Cheaters) whose aim and life's ambition is making money by hook or crook.  Some Famous teachers like Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Dr. Kalam, Rabindranath Tagore made us proud for their exemplary contributions to the society in large and students in particular.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@Kalyani Nandurkar

Your explanation is truly meaningful. The teachers should satiate the quest of knowledge or else students will loose their interest which is never a positive sign. Well, it is not always that reservation is the criterion, sometimes it's the attitude of the teacher which  comes in between the students and the teacher. Some teachers are very arrogant and proud which never allow them to understand their student deeply. 

I agree Shampa that reservation is not the basic criterion, but we have to admit that ever since the reservation came to existence, the profession of teachers has become all about earning money and profit like all other professions, of course, with exceptions and with due respect to the teachers  who are true and pure of heart towards their profession, such as Usha, yourself, Vijay are! And the example of one rotten apple spoiling others holds true for this particular facet as well. Only because we keep hearing of increased incidences of teachers raping and abusing students.,beating them severely and causing permanent damage or sometimes even death, but cannot but shudder and it changes the attitude of looking towards the teacher as a whole.

Also, it is not just one factor that is the cause, there are too many things at work. Growing materialism, more importance to money, lack of empathy and sensitivity towards others etc. so we cannot blame only one single factor at any given time.,

Kalyani, reservation plays a dominant part everywhere in our country...But like you said some of us work simply because we like the job and develop a bond with our students and the school itself. As far as monetary benefits are concerned, in my own case , since I am on a 'temporary ' daily wage basis since 6 years they pay me erratically.The govt owed me and a few others like me 6 months of salary out of which 3 months salary was released as a ' Bonus' for Ganesh Chaturthi ! Can you believe that ? Why not give all our dues ?

And when there is a vacancy they bring someone from the reservation category and place them rather than making one of us permanent.The last time a new person was appointed , the other teachers and students went on strike because the person could hardly teach and thankfully a very deserving temporary staff was made permanent ! Anyways, I do what I can because of the students and the parents who are so encouraging ,simple and nice ..It makes everything worthwhile.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What a sorry state of affairs. And it is expected that India will become a super power. It is in spite of all obstacles and hurdles that Indians are getting educated which speaks a lot about their dedication. If things were reasonably proper progress would have been much faster.

Everybody knows Education standards are declining by day. Nobody thinks of bringing a change in the system  If this system continues, i'm afraid what the condition would be especially of our future citizens on whom the country. rested hopes.

@Kalyani Nandurkar

I need to agree with you  about what you said regarding the connection between reservation policy and appointment of the teachers. As I said it's not the only factor but obviously a dominant factor. @usha manohar's experience says it all. This is tragic state of our education system and nothing is in our hand to change it. I sincerely hope a day will come when @usha manohar will receive what she deserves but yes such policies simply drain out the enthusiasm of the deserving candidates and teaching gets the maximum beating.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.