Came across this article and enhanced my knowledge as I didn't know about the history behind the great invention. I am sure many of you know it but still wished to share this piece of write-up and through this paying my respect to the great inventor Rene Laennec for his great invention which is an important apparatus for the medical profession. Link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/02/16/who-was-rene-laennec-story-of-the-stethoscope-inventor/  

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There may be a story behind every invention. The story behind the invention of stethoscope is very interesting and thrilling. The basic idea came into the mind of Dr. Rene Laennec when he felt discomfort when he was trying to examine the heart beat of a young fatty women in a natural way. Really a nice article which give information about the development of stethoscope - one of the most important instruments in medical field.

Google doodle celebrates 235th birthday of stethoscope inventor René Laennec

A Historic invention by Rene Laennec  that made Diagnosis of a disease easy, Google Honored him with its Doodle

Today's Google Doodle only drew me to search for the bio of the inventor and thereby I got hold of the article. 

shampasaid

No doubt stethoscop is a useful equipment of medical profession, it is also identity of doctor.

It is true that there is an interesting story behind every invention. Thank you @Shampa Sadhya for sharing the article. Situations and necessity activate our brain that lead to great inventions. 

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

yeah that i know that earlier doctor used to heard the heartbeat by his ear, resting his ear on the patient chest but this is really a helpful invention which RENE did and still now it is followed by every doctor to check the patient heartbeat. earlier she used do it with paper and then slowly slowly it was upgraded. 

bhuyali saroj

Stethoscope is one of the major instruments in medical field for listening the sounds inside the human body for diagnostic purposes. Before the invention of stethoscope, the clinical examinations of patients were limited to external observations. The invention of advanced diagnostic tools such as CAT scans have reduced the importance of stethoscope. But it remains an important and widely used instrument in medical field. We cannot see a doctor without stethoscope. 

Actually doctors and stethoscope are synonymous. I think it will remain so in the future too.   

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Actually doctors and stethoscope are synonymous. I think it will remain so in the future too.   

Yes, you are right. We cannot see a doctor without stethoscope when he/she is in duty.  The condition will be same in future also. No doubt for this.

Despite the galloping technology in Medical sciences, Stethoscope the old device to diagnose the preliminary symptoms of an ailment ha become mandatory for every doctor. This itself speaks of Stethoscope's importance. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.