Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Pawani Dube wrote:

I have updated the details. Kindly refer them for further discussion

Instead of keeping on updating , please start your discussion by writing about one of the authors who you consider good and your reasons for doing so..

Yes it is right way but is it possible that authors about which Pawn start discussion we also read them.

The thread starter  suggested the name of Jhumpa Lahiri. Now it is her turn to write about Jhumpa Lahiri or some other writer like Khushwant Singh.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Pawani Dube wrote:

Instead of keeping on updating , please start your discussion by writing about one of the authors who you consider good and your reasons for doing so..

Yes it is right way but is it possible that authors about which Pawn start discussion we also read them.

The thread starter  suggested the name of Jhumpa Lahiri. Now it is her turn to write about Jhumpa Lahiri or some other writer like Khushwant Singh.

I never read Jhumpa Lahiri, I  reads column of Khushwant Singh is news papers. I never read any book of Khushwant Singh. I am interested in Train To Pakistan.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Pawani Dube wrote:

I never read Jhumpa Lahiri, I  reads column of Khushwant Singh is news papers. I never read any book of Khushwant Singh. I am interested in Train To Pakistan.

Ok. , the thread starter should start writing about Khuswant Singh and his special characteristics and trends of his writings.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Pawani Dube wrote:

Ok. , the thread starter should start writing about Khuswant Singh and his special characteristics and trends of his writings.

Yes I am writing some more about Khuswant Singh. He was son of Sobha singh, one of the leading contractor of British India, and construct Lutian's Delhi.

Honestly speaking I am not a great novel reader. I love to read articles, short stories and poems. My 14 year old son is a voracious reader and I have noticed that he is fond of Amish Tripathy whose genre is mythology. As we all know, presently, Chetan Bhagat is a very popular novelist who writes in a very casual English. Those who love the English language, they are not fond of Bhagat's English.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking I am not a great novel reader. I love to read articles, short stories and poems. My 14 year old son is a voracious reader and I have noticed that he is fond of Amish Tripathy whose genre is mythology. As we all know, presently, Chetan Bhagat is a very popular novelist who writes in a very casual English. Those who love the English language, they are not fond of Bhagat's English.  

A good starting. As you said about Chetan Bhagat's down to earth language, add about his books too. This will facilitate other members to add some of their opinions too.

The topic of discussion is not just limited to novels. It talks about Literature as a whole which includes every form of writing i.e- poems ,short stories, literary theories, critical essays and the others that the new native Indian writers are coming up with and what are the techniques of writing they employ mostly.

Also just to mention a few more examples besides Jhumpa Lahiri, are Arundhati Roy, Gayarri Spivak, Amitav Ghosh and many others

Kindly share your set of information if you'll have across such literature.

Arundhati Roy won the Booker prize in 1997 for her first novel, " The God of Small things," She won Sydney Peace Prize in 2004. Arundhati was a Social Activist too.

I have sufficiently put forward relevant point and the information related to the topic to ignite a discussion. Also the topic and the sub topic of the discussion mentioned are clear,precise ,relevant, and very much understandable.

Probably the members have not come across this topic priorly or have not looked at this from the perspective  of new native writers and their writing trends.

Such topics like discussions on Indian origin writers who carved a niche of their own in the world literary scenario is not at all new. But what's new to the members of this forum is the thread poster did not start the discussion with a few examples of such  writers' like Chetan Bhagat written works like One night at the call center, Revolution 2020 etc . Now, you can start the topic on Chetan Bhagat. Or add more details to the topic of Arundhati Roy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.