Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Pawani Dube wrote:

I have sufficiently put forward relevant point and the information related to the topic to ignite a discussion. Also the topic and the sub topic of the discussion mentioned are clear,precise ,relevant, and very much understandable.

Probably the members have not come across this topic priorly or have not looked at this from the perspective  of new native writers and their writing trends.

Hello Pawani, it is a good and interesting topic you have posted here, but it is not that most others have not understood or have not come across such a type of discussion as your observation is, as your later editings of the post have made it very clear, precise and understandable. The thing is, as a thread poster, you are expected to contribute more of your own ideas and take the discussion further. I am asking that since many members, even though they understand the idea, may not read books or read books by Indian authors. So your taking discussion further will motivate them more to contribute and to read more about such books.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking I am not a great novel reader. I love to read articles, short stories and poems. My 14 year old son is a voracious reader and I have noticed that he is fond of Amish Tripathy whose genre is mythology. As we all know, presently, Chetan Bhagat is a very popular novelist who writes in a very casual English. Those who love the English language, they are not fond of Bhagat's English.  

I want to read Amish Tripathy's Shiva trilogy books, I have heard that they are quite good. I am very much surprised and pleased to know that your 14-year-old son has reached the stage where he is reading those books, as some of the adults have found it a little hard to understand them. I personally too am not really fond of Chetan Bhagat's style of writing, although his ideas behind each of his books are good.

I had the opportunity of reading Amish Tripathy's Trilogy. This Trilogy consists of The Immortals of Meluha, The secret of the Nagas and The Oath of the Vayuputras. long ago. The Shiva Triology set up a new record as the fastest selling series in the History of Indian Publishing.

The most interesting aspect about Shiva Tripathy was, he hailed from Rourkela in Odisha, where I worked as a Metallurgical Assistant in the Research and Control Laboratory of Rourkela Steel Plant. Coming to his Triology, I found that they are simply gripping and absorbing.

rambabu wrote:

I had the opportunity of reading Amish Tripathy's Trilogy. This Trilogy consists of The Immortals of Meluha, The secret of the Nagas and The Oath of the Vayuputras. long ago. The Shiva Triology set up a new record as the fastest selling series in the History of Indian Publishing.

The most interesting aspect about Shiva Tripathy was, he hailed from Rourkela in Odisha, where I worked as a Metallurgical Assistant in the Research and Control Laboratory of Rourkela Steel Plant. Coming to his Triology, I found that they are simply gripping and absorbing.

May be you can give some personal details about the triology rather than say what is already there on the net..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Unlike other mythologies, Shiva Triology 's Narration is unique. Mythology narrated in Modern style. The Author's logical views looked to me as if it's a social incident.

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking I am not a great novel reader. I love to read articles, short stories and poems. My 14 year old son is a voracious reader and I have noticed that he is fond of Amish Tripathy whose genre is mythology. As we all know, presently, Chetan Bhagat is a very popular novelist who writes in a very casual English. Those who love the English language, they are not fond of Bhagat's English.  

A good starting. As you said about Chetan Bhagat's down to earth language, add about his books too. This will facilitate other members to add some of their opinions too.

I never read Bhagat's novel but I read his article in news paper, I don't like to much style. Once I read books written by P.M. Ayier, (Memory Bites) an IAS  and P.S of president Dr Abdul Kalam. Books is nice one. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

A good starting. As you said about Chetan Bhagat's down to earth language, add about his books too. This will facilitate other members to add some of their opinions too.

I never read Bhagat's novel but I read his article in news paper, I don't like to much style. Once I read books written by P.M. Ayier, (Memory Bites) an IAS  and P.S of president Dr Abdul Kalam. Books is nice one. 

If you  know more about P.M. Ayer's writings you can start a discussion.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

IS P. M. Aiyer and Pico Aiyer the same author. Please do share a bit more about his books and style of writing.

Siddharth Pico Raghavan Iyer is the full name, who is also known as Pico Iyer. He is a British born novelist of Indian origin. He has written many Travelogues. He has authored many Books like The Lady and the Monk, Global Soul to name a few. Other than these details I do not know more about him. I did not read any of his works. Also I do not know if he worked as PS of President of Dr. Abdul Kalam.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

IS P. M. Aiyer and Pico Aiyer the same author. Please do share a bit more about his books and style of writing.

Some time back I read one of Iyer's books although my memory is very sketchy now. It was a novel about Cuba and Havana called Cuba and the Night ! Was good...I started another and left it half way through because someone else borrowed the book The Lady and the Monk, have still not got back that book. I tend to compare him to Vikram Seth, very similar writing and narrative styles. His father Raghavan Iyer was also a highly educated and qualified person, also wrote some books on politics and philosophy if I am not mistaken,,

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.