' A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken heart drieth the bones.'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         -Proverbs 17:2

A sedentary lifestyle is the greatest danger to health and exercise is often prescribed as an antidote. There is something far simpler and more effective than cardio, weightlifting and brisk walking , which is laughter. Laughter, my friends, is no laughing matter. It is as much an exercise as it is a natural reaction to something that is oddly funny. It exercises the muscles of the face and studies have found that more than fifteen minutes of sustained laughter exercises the muscles of your torso as well. In a capsule , it is an exercise often undermines and adds to other aspects of your life like psychological, emotional and social well-being.

How laughter can heal all health and mental pain?

One example of how our body through laughter, positive thinking and a string belief can heal itself, is embedded in the proverbial story of a sick woman who visited many physicians and took the prescribed antidotes without much effect. She grew weary, tired, troubled and perplexed at herself and her condition, for nobody could diagnose what exactly was wrong. It was the time she heard of a physician, who lived like a monk far deep in the forest. She travelled a long distance to meet him who gave her a patient ear, nodded his head and said that he had the elixir, a medicine which would cure all his ailments. He took out a crystal bottle which contained pale pink colour liquid. With instructions to be out in the sun, live in the nearby asharam with other  patients and synyasinis (female monks), she was in the pink of health, more healthy, happy and content, after a stipulated period of time frame.

The lesson from the above story

Let us view the story a little differently; the woman represents the disease burden on the medical system, the population at large and her disorders, through real and symptomatic have different roots. Her symptoms represent psychosomatic disorders which plague the system. Her cure is not conventionally possible, it needs a different approach. The need to devise or be appreciative of the alternative systems available to us is more important today than ever before when like  in the story the multitude of doctors represent the physicians who try to prune the disease and not uproot it.

The conclusion

Laughter is that alternative therapy to the disease burden that not just India but the entire world is facing. Laughter, like exercise, would bring the shift in eliminating diseases from its roots and not just symptoms. It is not only effective but also cost saving. Laughter alone can transform our nation, decrease disease burden and health expenditure which are more real. When people are much happier, it improves their quality of life, relationships and reduces their stress levels which inadvertently improves their productivity and increase the GDP of the economy.

According to the famous Charlie Chaplin, "A day without laughter is a day wasted".

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, in today's fast paced life, we have actually either forgotten the importance of laughter, or to be very honest have no time whatsoever for even laughing. However, medical science have acknowledged that laughter is the best form of stress buster. As laughter obviously is a reflection of our happy state of mind, it naturally releases good hormones in the body. And these good hormones eases the tension, relaxes the muscles as well as the nerves, and keeps our overall system fit and healthy.

Thank you said by: Analytical Data
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Yes, in today's fast paced life, we have actually either forgotten the importance of laughter, or to be very honest have no time whatsoever for even laughing. However, medical science have acknowledged that laughter is the best form of stress buster. As laughter obviously is a reflection of our happy state of mind, it naturally releases good hormones in the body. And these good hormones eases the tension, relaxes the muscles as well as the nerves, and keeps our overall system fit and healthy.

It is right that laughing is free tonic. But in busy life peoples have not time to laugh. On working day they are working more than 10 hours so on weekend their priorty is always to take some rest. No one have time to spend with family members and friends. 

Watching some comedy shows will help. Laughter is indeed a very good natural medicine to the body. It is important to laugh in a day and not just be robotic in our approach to life.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

Watching some comedy shows will help. Laughter is indeed a very good natural medicine to the body. It is important to laugh in a day and not just be robotic in our approach to life.

We are humans and we are not supposed to adapt a robotic / mechanical way in our lives even for a single moment. Our aim should be to enjoy both our work and lives as much as possible. After all, life is short and we must make the most of it.

Yes watching comedy movies and comedy shows have helped me a lot to move on in life.

Kapil Sharma show and 10 minutes comedy show of Comedy circus is really entertaining. I watch these 2 and started watching Comedy circus about a week back, it is less time consuming but filled with laughter.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Comedy serial is very helpful. I  like to watch, Tarak Mehata ka ulta chasma and Bhabhi ji ghar par ha kya. 

Kapil Sharma is one show I look forward to.  I even watch the repeats of older episodes.  Some of them are really hilarious and you tend to laugh in repeat also. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I enjoyed Kapil Sharma comedy show when it had Sunil Grover. Their gang was more hillarious compared to present lot.

Another comedy show which I really enjoy is Gag Concert, a south Korean comedy show in the channel KBS. Its a collection of short skits, each lasting may b 10-15 minutes.

I watched Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chasmah a couple of times. It is indeed very good serial. A humour and together neighbourhood.

Except for a few we have nt much of comedy available for entertainment. Most of the comedy resort to vulgarism and low remarks. It's tough to find clean entertaining comedy now a days. In early days of Doordarshan we had a few clean entertainers like Ye jo hai Zindagi, Mr and Mrs etc. which had clean comedy in a subtle way and it was fun to watch.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, Analytical Data
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.