India is developing and so is the quality if life, education , living standard and expenses. Every parent wants their child to get the best of education but can provide whatever they can afford. 

It is not hidden that private schools and colleges have their fee structures that cannot be afforded by all. And the government schools though are improving in their quality of education and standard are not building enough confidence among the people, so they prefer private schools than govt. Schools. 

One thing noticed is the pressure the child faces in school. Be it carrying a school bag that is more than his/her carrying capacity or be it the pressure that is put on the child by the teachers and at times, the parents. 

Few months back, the newspaper was flooded with articles if student suicides when the results of exams were declared. On one hand we saw the highest percentage around 96-97%  on the other have we saw students killing themselves because they could not achieve high marks even though when they passed with respectable scores. 

Parents should be helping their child to relax and at the same time focus on studies without creating any sort of pressure on them to score high percentage. We can never say what a demand of hight percentage can have on a child. 

The best thing a parent can do is stay with the child in a relaxed state of mind that can help the child feel calm and not paranoid for the whole exam result scare. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes it is right in these days marks above than 95% is very common. Here one girls top in state board examination and get 100 marks in Hindi. I am surprising how some one can be so perfect that he don't do any single mistake in language paper. 100% marks is possible in subject like math Phsics and other numerical based subjects. So to remove pressure from the child it is must to think about marking pattern. Government is doing too much to improve government school and some results is also come out. Student of government schools ranking in merit list. 

Thank you said by: Harman Walia

with the government making various efforts there is still a need to make the teachers aware of what kind of pressure a child can undertake. 

Without actually understanding the child’s psychology the progress of a child cannot be ensured. 

A lot of changes are needed in our education system which aim at holistic development of child and not making robots. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

A lot of changes are needed in our education system which aim at holistic development of child and not making robots. 

Our old education system Gurukul was a perfect education system. Awareness among about system of education is increasing but it is not enough. Here still government are fighting for philosophy.Curriculum changes as the government changes

With all the minuses our education system still works and if we look around educated Indians are known to be one of the most committed and intelligent work force around the world. It is possibly because of the adverse conditions that they evolve by looking for every opportunity that seems workable . Nothing like stress to sharpen your wit and output.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen

Agreed.! 

But amount of such indivisuals is very less as compared to the enormous population that we have. The count of such people are very low despite our capability to produce intelligent smart individuals. 

usha manohar wrote:

With all the minuses our education system still works and if we look around educated Indians are known to be one of the most committed and intelligent work force around the world. It is possibly because of the adverse conditions that they evolve by looking for every opportunity that seems workable . Nothing like stress to sharpen your wit and output.

And if I am not mistaken, many countries are trying to follow Indian system of education. Some years back I came across an article which described why Indian education was better than Chinese system of education.

But I do agree with the view that some parents give unnecessary academic pressure to their children, without understanding their potential.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Harman Walia wrote:

Agreed.! 

But amount of such indivisuals is very less as compared to the enormous population that we have. The count of such people are very low despite our capability to produce intelligent smart individuals. 

That s always so because imbalance is a reality of life. But we see a lot more educated people especially women in smaller towns who study in government schools and colleges but outperform those who have studied in expensive private institutions. There is of course always a need for improving and upgrading the system.

@Jabeen, you are right , Chinese system is exactly like their politics of dominance. They pressurize the children , even going to the extent of physical punishment when they don't perform as required.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Indian education should give more importance to sports and allied co curricular activities than they are giving at present.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

Current education system is quite useless as majority of the graduates, be it in any field,m are found to be unemployable and have to be trained again before they can be put to work. This is probably because the entire system revolves around scores and marks and not on understanding concepts or developing creative skills. So unless focus is given on developing creativity and imagination through education, it would not improve things much.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.