I have started this thread exclusively for unusual facts about the nature!! Please share your information as well!!

The only poisonous birds known are the three species of Pitohui from Papua new Guinea - the Hooded Pitohui Pitohui dichrous the Rusty Pitohui P. ferrugineus and the Variable Pitohui P. kirhocephalus. The Hooded Pitohui is the deadliest. The skin and feathers contain almost the same homobatrachotoxin as the Poison Arrow Frogs.

Its hard to believe that such a pretty bird could be so lethal!!
pitohui.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Very nice initiative Kalyani...

Look at this link you will really love it...

http://lightworkers.org/blog/34378/unusual-flowers
Sudha, thanks for the link, the flowers are breathtakingly lovely!! :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thats nice... :) Very good blog Sudha.. Thanks for sharing... :)

Have a look at the amazing and unbelievable facts about animals here...

Believe It Or Not!

:):)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Thank you Rajini and Deepti..

@Deepti:

Amazing the facts are really unbelivable. :) :)
Thats good !!

Thanks Kalyani mam and sudha for sharing !!

:) :)
Now that the world has 7 new wonders... it's time for New 7 Wonders of the NATURE!!!! Nominations for the New 7 Wonders of the Nature can be posted on http://www.natural7wonders.com/
WoW!!! excellent!!! The nature has such a beautiful things which we are ruining..Thanks for creating this thread Kalyani.I will try to contibute.. :)
Sajeetharan its really good link..Have you submitted anything..Maybe we cannot decide what to send...See this image..nature at Beach in Visakhaptnam..
Is it a beach?? it looks like a city !!
It would be nice if you give more information rajani! i think it is a port!
It is city view but beach is also included ..I showed just to tell that lighting can also be beautiful ...
Every beautiful thing is Dangerous and beautiful.. :P :laugh: :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.