Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hey good information . Its really nice. Every word has its own meaning.
Thanks Sweata for such information.I am not loughing but surprised to know this.Really this is a good lesson.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It really suprise to know that we can change the meaning of a line with changing the position of one word. Its really very informative post. thanks for sharing. :)

Vinu
Every language has its own style and grammar. One of my friends says: "Here lies the point." for stressing that he understood the underlying idea. Somebody tried to understand this in Hindi. He got the translation: "Bindu yahan Vishraam karati hai."

:laugh: :laugh:

I am giving you such one, the importance of punctuation stressed here. I think you might have heard about it. Yet, I am quoting here for a refreshment.

Magistrate after a trial wrote, "Hang him not, leave him"
Actually he was to write, "Hang him, not leave him"
He misplaced the comma. Thus victim escaped!!!! :)

Meera sandhu
hehe, yes that is the importance of punctuation

there is another one i heard not long ago,

'women without her man is nothing'

was given to a group of students.

The male section wrote thus,'women, without her man, is nothing'

while the female section wrote thus,'women:without her, man is nothing'

Swetha Shenoy
Ha ha ha :) :) :) good example of what a wrongly place punctuation will do. Sadly, languages taught in schools does not stress importance of placing correct punctuation marks in the correct places. Also a troublesome headache while reviewing articles here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes Kalyani that is true

It is a roller coaster ride when we read articles that donot carry right punctuation. More than editing the articles, my time is spent on calming my laughter!

Swetha Shenoy
really nice frame of sentences set by shwetha... :)

smriti
[quote]Yes Kalyani that is true

It is a roller coaster ride when we read articles that donot carry right punctuation. More than editing the articles, my time is spent on calming my laughter! [/quote]

So true! That is what happens exactly!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There are also so many English sentences that are grammatically correct and yet, they are so funny because of implied pun on similar words! Like this one:

The buck does funny things when the does are present.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4625]}

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.