“Do you believe in ghosts?”
Asked the passenger
On platform number three.
‘I am a rational man,’ said I
‘I believe in what I can see –
Your hands, your feet, your beard!’
‘Then look again,’ said he,
And promptly disappeared! :( :laugh:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a nice poem.I too like the poems written by Ruskin Bond.
That's a very nice poem, although I have some of his books, I had never yet read any of his poems. This is hilarious, thanks for posting it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

this was really nice poem. If you have some more try to post over here.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Very interesting poem atlast..thanks for posting.I was thinking about kalyani and chinmoy's poems which are not seen now-adays. :lol:
@Rajesh

Thanks for sharing a very good one by Ruskin Bond he happens to be one of my very favorites!

@Rajani

The site is full of proses,no poetry or poems! Let someone take the lead!
One more by Ruskin

RAINDROP

This leaf, so complete in itself
Is only a part of the tree.
And this tree, so complete in itself,
Is only a part of the forest.
And the forest runs down from the hill to the sea,
And the sea, so complete in itself,
Rests like a raindrop
In the hand of God.
Wow, that's another very lovely poem. Kudos to you Rajesh for posting such lovely poems, and I really feel for today's children who miss out on reading because of TV and computers.

@Rajani, thanks for missing our poems :) Its nice to know that you are being missed. Maybe will do write one, but the inspiration is missing, at least for now! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Interesting!!

In feb 11, I was on my journey from Delhi to Jabalpur.In the evening hours, a person asked for lift at Gwalior.I was alone and was driving myself. I offered him lift.He was to go to Jhansi which was around 1.5 hours drive from Gwalior. As the time progressed,there was darkness all around and we were moving through the way where no person was there for miles.Even the road conditions were bad. That person asked me that where I was coming from and where to go. I promptly replied that I keep on moving from Gwalior to Jhansi regularly as I had met with an accident on this way only two years back and died on the spot.

I was joking but that person started getting nervous and appeared like he was about to die.He touched me to ensure that I was alive.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
Interesting!!

In feb 11, I was on my journey from Delhi to Jabalpur.In the evening hours, a person asked for lift at Gwalior.I was alone and was driving myself. I offered him lift.He was to go to Jhansi which was around 1.5 hours drive from Gwalior. As the time progressed,there was darkness all around and we were moving through the way where no person was there for miles.Even the road conditions were bad. That person asked me that where I was coming from and where to go. I promptly replied that I keep on moving from Gwalior to Jhansi regularly as I had met with an accident on this way only two years back and died on the spot.

I was joking but that person started getting nervous and appeared like he was about to die.He touched me to ensure that I was alive.

Oh Mukesh that was really nice.It is said that fact is more peculiar than fiction and see ! your event narrates that well.Keep posting such events from daily life.Thats infact what forum is all about. We must enjoy along with gaining knowledge.
A very interesting tale from Mukesh! Rajesh's second quote of Ruskin's poem too was brilliant! Keep it up!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.