Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ha ha HA !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's a very interesting tale Mukesh, but I would suggest you to be cautious when you tell this to the strangers or someone is likely to die just from the shock of hearing that you are a ghost! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Mukesh
I read a very interesting story in my childhood in a magzine called SUKTARA(I can read a bit of Bengali too). The story was captioned BHUTER MUKHE BHUTER GALPA which means A tale of ghost told by a ghost. i am reproducing the story in brief for you and friends:
A teacher used to teach in a village school. children were very fond of the teacher as he was adept in story telling. One day it was raining heavily and the children awaited the teacher very impatiently in the school as they wanted to hear a story. When the old teacher reached, the children told him that they were in no mood to study and that the teacher must tell them a ghost story that day.
There was no way out.The teacher started the story:
They were five friends when the teacher was young. One of the friends, Panchoo, was considered a coward. One day a corpse came floating in the village river and villagers were of the opinion that obsequies must be completed for the corpse.Four of the friends plotted a plan.They challenged Panchoo and said,"If you want to be considered bold like us , we challenge you to do all the funeral formalities alone in the cremation ground." Panchoo agreed and when he reached the cremation ground and was about to start the formalities, the corpse stood up and held panchoo by the neck. Panchoo immediately fainted.But when he came to his sense he came to know that he was fooled by one of the friends who was lying in place of the corpse with his face covered with a piece of cloth. The obsequies had already been completed by the friends.
Completing the story the teacher said,"my dear children, the moral of the tale is that there is nothing called ghost and never be afraid of these stories."
It was only the next day that
THE CHILDREN CAME TO KNOW THAT THE TEACHER WAS STRUCK DEAD BY A THUNDERSTORM WHICH HAD OCCURRED EVEN BEFORE THE TEACHER HAD REACHED THE SCHOOL." :unsure:
Little Golu of the school asked"Was the ghost telling us the story?" He was shivering.
A nice story,Rajesh! I am also happy that you know Bengali too and the magazine you named was a hot favorite for all the children in our childhood! Its various sections were top class!
A nice story,Rajesh! I am also happy that you know Bengali too and the magazine you named was a hot favorite for all the children in our childhood! Its various sections were top class!

Yeah chinmoy I was a regular subscriber of NANDAn(Hindi)and one of my class mates used to read suktara. so we exchanged very often and this was the way I learnt to read and understand Bengali. Later I did my schooling in Ram krishna mission, so my interest in the language increased still more. I gained immensely as I went on to read many superb stories from Bangla literature.
But we have left the days of reading Nandan and suktara far back in the ups and downs of life. I really miss those days.
I'd give all the wealth that years have piled
The slow result of Life's decay
To be once more a little child
For one bright, summer-day

Lewis Carrol
interesting poem. i like it,
I didn't understand anything from this poem.I keeps away from poems as they are not easily digestable.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
oh i get scared . i think it was really ghost.
ruskin bond is a famousvpoet and writter i love all his story and poem i have a lots of book of rustin bond thank for this peom.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.