Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7894]}
these are known as kundru

in telugu we call it as dondakaya

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Recently i have prepare egg plant curry, now i want to prepare same kind of dish with kundru. but am not getting correct recipe can anyone help me please

what is Egg Plant?

Want to make each day Accountable

Egg plant is nothing but the stuffed brinjal curry, very yummy

Egg plant is nothing but the stuffed brinjal curry, very yummy

then why you called it egg plant? is that stuff made of egg?

a.s.
nono, the brinjal looks like as if egg is planted. So it is known as egg plant

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7894]}
these are known as kundru

in telugu we call it as dondakaya

It looks as if small cucumber. Isn't it? We call it kovakka.
At our last residence, we do have 1 plant. It's a climber. Right? We need not buy from outside.
I make Thoran and Mizhukku puratti.
Mizhukku puratti....
Slice onions or shallots. Shallots tastes best. You can add 1 or 2 chilles too. Then some curry leaves. Slice kovakka in thin pieces (round)
Heat oil in a pan. add mustard seeds. When it pops, add curry leaves.
Then add kovakka and salt. then stir it and close tightly with a lid.
Cook it for 5-10 minutes. Stir occassionally. never add water.You can pour a spoon of oil on its top, it makes thoran more tasty. You can avoid this step

Thoran.....
Slice kovakka as small pieces....divide it as 4 parts and then slice them.
Do as above....
For gravy....coconut, chilli powder, turmeric, garlic and jeera(cumin seeds). Just blend once in a mixer. you can also add a little curry leaves while blending, on its top. never add water.
When kovakka cooked, add this gravy on the top and spread it. close the lid , let the steam go inside teh gravy. After 3-4 minutes(when gravy heats), open the lid and stir continuosly for 3-4 minutes. Your thoran is ready. You can pour a spoon of oil on its top, it makes thoran more tasty. You can avaoid this step. Serve both of them with rice.
Use coconut oil.

Meera sandhu
I love to eat it, it is very good for health. Kundru contains Iron in it. So that blackening skin will get reduce

I love to eat it, it is very good for health. Kundru contains Iron in it. So that blackening skin will get reduce

What about the recipes?

Meera sandhu
I am still searching. I want stuff kundru recipe. Need to search more. If anyone know please let me know

I am still searching. I want stuff kundru recipe. Need to search more. If anyone know please let me know

Kundru i think we say it parmal in Hindi. If it is so i don't kundru. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.