When I came to Thrissur first time before 4 years, I took months to learn Thrissur Malayalam, now also can't understand many words. Now also, if I stay for some days at my home and come back, find it difficult to understand Thrissur Malayalam for some days. In our state, correct Malayalam is followed by people belong to Kottayam and Pathanamthitta district only....even beggars speak standard Malayalam. :P :P
What about you people? Are you speaking written language?
Where can you find people speaking it correct, in your state????

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am Bengali and generally speak in Bengali but can speak in Hindi also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I am Bengali and generally speak in Bengali but can speak in Hindi also.

Am asking, is it different from written language? :S

Meera sandhu
No it is not different from written language. I write in English also.

Do you write Bengali in English? :blink: :silly:

Meera sandhu
[quote]RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA wrote:

Do you write Bengali in English?[/quote]
Both.

[quote]RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA wrote:

Do you write Bengali in English?

Both.[/quote]

Is it called Benglish....as we call Malayalam+English=Manglish????? :silly: :blink: :blush:

Meera sandhu
I can speak english, tamil, Sowrastra.
On this i know how to write english, tamil. Now im learning to write sowrastra also. :cheer:

Vinu
I can speak english, tamil, Sowrastra.
On this i know how to write english, tamil. Now im learning to write sowrastra also. :cheer:

I think, you have not understood my question yet :huh:
Spoken language often differs from written one. I want to know, how many of you are speaking with correct grammar and pronunciation?
Our state is among the smallest ones of India. Yet, we can see vast difference in the usage of words. That's why am asking

Meera sandhu
Then, i am using proper tamil language for both speak and write. :) :cheer:

Vinu
Generally, we speak in mother tongue informally and even use slang. But we learn other languages in school and the difference between written and spoken disappears. In fact, people speak in local dialect which differs from the standard one. I am in Agra. Here the locals speak among themselves in Brijbhasha, which differs from standard Hindi. I think same is all over the world. A native speaker first learns speaking and goes to school later. For him speaking comes first and writing later.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.