Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am from Delhi and UP and speak Hindi at home but I prefer to write English as there is no where in the office we use Hindi.I write in Hindi only when I teach my kids Hindi. :)
I am from Delhi and UP and speak Hindi at home but I prefer to write English as there is no where in the office we use Hindi.I write in Hindi only when I teach my kids Hindi. :)

Then while you talking in your family which version do you use as in UP itself there are different dialects every 50KM.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Then while you talking in your family which version do you use as in UP itself there are different dialects every 50KM.

I have been living in Delhi since birth so my language is not like people speak in U.P but sometime when we go to our village we too speak like they speak. :)

I have been living in Delhi since birth so my language is not like people speak in U.P but sometime when we go to our village we too speak like they speak. :)

i have lived my initial years in Lucknow so my language is like people from Lucknow despite UP has no language in common.

i have lived my initial years in Lucknow so my language is like people from Lucknow despite UP has no language in common.

That's good because language of Lucknow is very good if you had lived in Meerut then it would have been bad as they speak lot of "galis" in their language. :laugh:
The written Hindi as we see today is contribution of Bhartendu Harsh Chandra, who wrote his famous work- Bharat Durdasha. This is called 'Khadi Boli'. 'Khadi Boli' is the Hindi in newsaper and text books. This is just as Urdu. If you use more Persian/ arabic words, this is Urdu. Otherwise Hindi. Also, Urdu is written in Persian script whereas Hindi in Devnagri. When we use only commonly spoken words by avoiding difficult Sanskrit and Persian words, this is 'Hindustani' - another version of Hindi. Thus, we speak in Hindustani and write in Khadi Boli version brand of Hindi.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Written Malayalam is only spoken in Kottayam, Pathanamthitta Districts....as if they are reading printed books. Southern districts have another slang while Northern districts have an entirely different slang, which is very difficult to understand. In the Northern districts of Kerala, language of Muslims can't be understand by anyone. I think, they are speaking another language

Meera sandhu

That's good because language of Lucknow is very good if you had lived in Meerut then it would have been bad as they speak lot of "galis" in their language. :laugh:

I am so amused to read your version about two top cities of UP. In fact gali is not culture of a particular city any more but the people who use them. Lucknow too has such reputation but for that matter people all over the world use some form of bad languages or the other. Yes people in Meerut are known to be tough that is for sure but that again is true for village background.

I am so amused to read your version about two top cities of UP. In fact gali is not culture of a particular city any more but the people who use them. Lucknow too has such reputation but for that matter people all over the world use some form of bad languages or the other. Yes people in Meerut are known to be tough that is for sure but that again is true for village background.

Lucknow is well known for courtesy. Even if somebody is angry, he will speak using polite language. so, if some body intends to thrash you, he will use the words- Kahin ham aapki shaan mein gustakhi na kar nethen- (May be- I act some way that may damage your honor).

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Lucknow is well known for courtesy. Even if somebody is angry, he will speak using polite language. so, if some body intends to thrash you, he will use the words- Kahin ham aapki shaan mein gustakhi na kar nethen- (May be- I act some way that may damage your honor).

Janab aapki baat se ittefaque rakhata hun- but some times they do not forget to relate deeply with each other to the closest possible relations..

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.