Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Written English is bit complicated compared to spoken English. If we show confidence while speaking then if you speak wrong grammatically also no one bothers but while writing they will surely bother

While speaking you use short or even incomplete sentences and slang/ colloquial words. But even then, grammar is not totally ignored. If you use totally incorrect, this will be funny.

Particularly tense forms.....
we can't neglect the use of tenses....a simple mistake in a dialogue can change the whole meaning :silly:

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Written English and spoke English are completely different from each other.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Written English and spoke English are completely different from each other.

Yes Sarala. Definitely. While we speak, no need to concentrate too much about rules, grammar. But when it comes to written, it should be neatly arranged.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
When I came to Thrissur first time before 4 years, I took months to learn Thrissur Malayalam, now also can't understand many words. Now also, if I stay for some days at my home and come back, find it difficult to understand Thrissur Malayalam for some days. In our state, correct Malayalam is followed by people belong to Kottayam and Pathanamthitta district only....even beggars speak standard Malayalam. :P :P
What about you people? Are you speaking written language?
Where can you find people speaking it correct, in your state????

I'm sure when you said written language you meant 'Bookish' language. And when you said 'Correct' language, you meant colloquial.. In most of the places no one speaks bookish language. If one speaks, one will certainly draw the attention of the people because they sound funny. Colloquial language varies from region to region even in the same state.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.