The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
hey sandhya, i am sorry to nt answer right away

according to my knowledge passed down from my grandpa, kerala was called as "keram" which is known as the "land of the coconuts"

It was also known as "malayalam" which when decoded is "the land of the hills and valley" which "Malabar" also stands the same (as it is name from arabia or iran or something)

mostly the name derived from "chera" because there used to be the dynasty of chera king.

Thats all i know. Malayalam is derived from sanskrit and tamil.

so i guess sandhya got her decoded answers

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Good Question.
Stone age people has seen the tree first and then the coconut. As because the coconut was discovered later, Coconut tree comes first. Likewise came hen and egg, etc.
hey sandhya, i am sorry to nt answer right away

according to my knowledge passed down from my grandpa, kerala was called as "keram" which is known as the "land of the coconuts"

It was also known as "malayalam" which when decoded is "the land of the hills and valley" which "Malabar" also stands the same (as it is name from arabia or iran or something)

mostly the name derived from "chera" because there used to be the dynasty of chera king.

Thats all i know. Malayalam is derived from sanskrit and tamil.

so i guess sandhya got her decoded answers

The story of Chera...I know it now only :woohoo: :woohoo:
Yes.....Keram means coconut.....so land fully covered by coconut trees is known as Keralam.

Malayalam is not derived from Sanskrit and Tamil.....here, you quoted wrong :P :P
It's true, its letters are written similar way as Sanskrit and Hindi.
All South Indian languages belong to Dravidian language......as you know Aryans came from North centuries back and the defeated Dravidians have to flee towards south....finally settled there.
All South Indians are Dravidians while Aryans are North.
5 languages are derived from 'Moola Dravida Bhaasha' ...They are Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Tulu of which Tulu doesn't have any written script.
I have a Brahmin friend who speaks tulu and still many Tulu Brahmins are there in capital city.
Since all these 5 languages are derived from a single language, they have striking similarities. If we are taking written script, Tamil don't have even half letters of Malayalam or Hindi. I don't know about Telugu and Kannada. :unsure: . Hoping Sarala or Sasi will answer it.
Malayalam have all Hindi letters plus 5 letters extra......
I think 51 letters total in Swaraakshar and Vyanganakshar

Meera sandhu
This is really a interesting question it need a lot of effort and brain to solve this question...............
This is really a interesting question it need a lot of effort and brain to solve this question...............

Really???
Then why can't you prove that you have enough brain to solve this puzzle? :evil: :evil: :cheer: :P :P

Meera sandhu

Really???
Then why can't you prove that you have enough brain to solve this puzzle? :evil: :evil: :cheer: :P :P

I am not so intelligent and i think some one from heaven might solve this problem................. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Really???

I am not so intelligent and i think some one from heaven might solve this problem................. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Let us hope so :P :P :P

Meera sandhu
Anyone come up please...with a nice answer

Meera sandhu

coconut first with a tree.Total combined pack and water free.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

coconut first with a tree.Total combined pack and water free.

then why can't we say, a coconut fell down from the sky suddenly and later it became a coconut tree :cheer:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.