Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Malayalam sentence, not Malayali sentence....hi hi
Malayali means a person who speak Malayalam(taught you another word)

Truth is that, it's the most difficult Indian language to learn....very complex words and pronunciation also, very difficult. My mother, even after 34 years, haven't learnt Malayalam pronunciation well. She has a Tamil touch in every word she speaks

I remember an incident we had some family friends who belonged to south India. We were on a family dinner at their house and like is said many south Indians find Hindi very difficult we saw it practically that day.

It happened so that at the dinner table one of the family member said to us "khao khao sharam toh hai nahi" when what he wanted to say was "kaho khao sharam mat karo". :lol: :lol: I leave it to your imagination what I would have felt at first. :silly:

Live in the present :)

Truth is that, it's the most difficult Indian language to learn....very complex words and pronunciation also, very difficult. My mother, even after 34 years, haven't learnt Malayalam pronunciation well. She has a Tamil touch in every word she speaks

I remember an incident we had some family friends who belonged to south India. We were on a family dinner at their house and like is said many south Indians find Hindi very difficult we saw it practically that day.

It happened so that at the dinner table one of the family member said to us "khao khao sharam toh hai nahi" when what he wanted to say was "kaho khao sharam mat karo". :lol: :lol: I leave it to your imagination what I would have felt at first. :silly:

We'll i heard telegu is the most difficult one because of its totally different lipi(script).. :ohmy: :ohmy:
Need more info on that.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

We'll i heard telegu is the most difficult one because of its totally different lipi(script).. :ohmy: :ohmy:
Need more info on that.

I find both difficult! ;) :P

Are they Tamilans or Keralites?
Keralites don't have much problem in pronouncing Hindi, that's not the case of Tamilans....

We have all the letters of Hindi Aksharamala ...also five more letters than HINDI. I think Malayalam has more number of letters than any other India language, though not sure.
We can even write a single malayalam word (particularly poems) with more than 25-30 letters..even 50 or more letters, can you imagine....? Even combine more than 25 words together to get 1 word. That's the complexity of Malayalam.
We have separate letters for e,o,(hindi only one for indicating hrasw and deerkh), separate letters for la, ra and an extra letter 'zha; that can't be written in Hindi or sanskrit.

Now let me tell you the problem of Tamil language....the reason why I quit learning Tamil.
we have 5 letters in each row of Ka, Cha, Da, Tha, Pa.... Total 25 letters. Understood? (Vyanganakshar).
But in Tamil, they have only 10 alphabets to indicate these 25 sounds :silly: :silly: :silly:

i.e. For the four letters...Ka, Kha, ga,Kha......they can write Ka only. So they pronounce Ganga as Kanka :silly: :silly:

Some days before I saw 1-2 Tamil friends here pronouncing Sandhya as Santhya. They can't be blamed....because they don't have dha in their alphabets....only tha.
My cousin sister in Tamil nadu...seeing my name, my uncle gave her Santhya Rani :woohoo: . Note the spelling.

That's the reason why they can't pronounce Hindi or Malayalam well. Yet my chachi pronounce Malayalam very nice.

But I have to add 1 more thing....their alphabets have two 'Na'...but in Malayalam and Hindi ...single 'na' is used to pronounce in 2 different ways.

Meera sandhu

Need more info on that.

Is it so?
Hoping Sasi will reply...after reading these posts :)

Meera sandhu

Keralites don't have much problem in pronouncing Hindi, that's not the case of Tamilans....

We have all the letters of Hindi Aksharamala ...also five more letters than HINDI. I think Malayalam has more number of letters than any other India language, though not sure.
We can even write a single malayalam word (particularly poems) with more than 25-30 letters..even 50 or more letters, can you imagine....? Even combine more than 25 words together to get 1 word. That's the complexity of Malayalam.
We have separate letters for e,o,(hindi only one for indicating hrasw and deerkh), separate letters for la, ra and an extra letter 'zha; that can't be written in Hindi or sanskrit.

Now let me tell you the problem of Tamil language....the reason why I quit learning Tamil.
we have 5 letters in each row of Ka, Cha, Da, Tha, Pa.... Total 25 letters. Understood? (Vyanganakshar).
But in Tamil, they have only 10 alphabets to indicate these 25 sounds :silly: :silly: :silly:

i.e. For the four letters...Ka, Kha, ga,Kha......they can write Ka only. So they pronounce Ganga as Kanka :silly: :silly:

Some days before I saw 1-2 Tamil friends here pronouncing Sandhya as Santhya. They can't be blamed....because they don't have dha in their alphabets....only tha.
My cousin sister in Tamil nadu...seeing my name, my uncle gave her Santhya Rani :woohoo: . Note the spelling.

That's the reason why they can't pronounce Hindi or Malayalam well. Yet my chachi pronounce Malayalam very nice.

But I have to add 1 more thing....their alphabets have two 'Na'...but in Malayalam and Hindi ...single 'na' is used to pronounce in 2 different ways.

Santhya :P I don't remember the exact state the family belonged to but I remember they were south Indians. Nice peace of information! Don't you find writing a difficulty in your language?

I can't understand your question asha...

Meera sandhu

I mean isn't your language difficult to write?

I mean isn't your language difficult to write?

yes.....
My girl finds more difficult to write and read Malayalam than English :blink:

Sasi, am waiting for your answer...
At first I want to know how many alphabets do you have.

Meera sandhu

Alphabet is for writing a language. But spoken language always comes first. Then how alphabets matter so much. Will it not be better to write every language in Roman alphabet, which has 26 ALPHABETS.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.