Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Malayalam sentence, not Malayali sentence....hi hi
Malayali means a person who speak Malayalam(taught you another word)

Truth is that, it's the most difficult Indian language to learn....very complex words and pronunciation also, very difficult. My mother, even after 34 years, haven't learnt Malayalam pronunciation well. She has a Tamil touch in every word she speaks

I remember an incident we had some family friends who belonged to south India. We were on a family dinner at their house and like is said many south Indians find Hindi very difficult we saw it practically that day.

It happened so that at the dinner table one of the family member said to us "khao khao sharam toh hai nahi" when what he wanted to say was "kaho khao sharam mat karo". :lol: :lol: I leave it to your imagination what I would have felt at first. :silly:

Are they Tamilans or Keralites?
Keralites don't have much problem in pronouncing Hindi, that's not the case of Tamilans....

We have all the letters of Hindi Aksharamala ...also five more letters than HINDI. I think Malayalam has more number of letters than any other India language, though not sure.
We can even write a single malayalam word (particularly poems) with more than 25-30 letters..even 50 or more letters, can you imagine....? Even combine more than 25 words together to get 1 word. That's the complexity of Malayalam.
We have separate letters for e,o,(hindi only one for indicating hrasw and deerkh), separate letters for la, ra and an extra letter 'zha; that can't be written in Hindi or sanskrit.

Now let me tell you the problem of Tamil language....the reason why I quit learning Tamil.
we have 5 letters in each row of Ka, Cha, Da, Tha, Pa.... Total 25 letters. Understood? (Vyanganakshar).
But in Tamil, they have only 10 alphabets to indicate these 25 sounds :silly: :silly: :silly:

i.e. For the four letters...Ka, Kha, ga,Kha......they can write Ka only. So they pronounce Ganga as Kanka :silly: :silly:

Some days before I saw 1-2 Tamil friends here pronouncing Sandhya as Santhya. They can't be blamed....because they don't have dha in their alphabets....only tha.
My cousin sister in Tamil nadu...seeing my name, my uncle gave her Santhya Rani :woohoo: . Note the spelling.

That's the reason why they can't pronounce Hindi or Malayalam well. Yet my chachi pronounce Malayalam very nice.

But I have to add 1 more thing....their alphabets have two 'Na'...but in Malayalam and Hindi ...single 'na' is used to pronounce in 2 different ways.

Alphabet is for writing a language. But spoken language always comes first. Then how alphabets matter so much. Will it not be better to write every language in Roman alphabet, which has 26 ALPHABETS.

I am not able to understand you sir, but would like to know this in more details. :)

Live in the present :)
Malayalam sentence, not Malayali sentence....hi hi
Malayali means a person who speak Malayalam(taught you another word)

Truth is that, it's the most difficult Indian language to learn....very complex words and pronunciation also, very difficult. My mother, even after 34 years, haven't learnt Malayalam pronunciation well. She has a Tamil touch in every word she speaks

I remember an incident we had some family friends who belonged to south India. We were on a family dinner at their house and like is said many south Indians find Hindi very difficult we saw it practically that day.

It happened so that at the dinner table one of the family member said to us "khao khao sharam toh hai nahi" when what he wanted to say was "kaho khao sharam mat karo". :lol: :lol: I leave it to your imagination what I would have felt at first. :silly:

Are they Tamilans or Keralites?
Keralites don't have much problem in pronouncing Hindi, that's not the case of Tamilans....

We have all the letters of Hindi Aksharamala ...also five more letters than HINDI. I think Malayalam has more number of letters than any other India language, though not sure.
We can even write a single malayalam word (particularly poems) with more than 25-30 letters..even 50 or more letters, can you imagine....? Even combine more than 25 words together to get 1 word. That's the complexity of Malayalam.
We have separate letters for e,o,(hindi only one for indicating hrasw and deerkh), separate letters for la, ra and an extra letter 'zha; that can't be written in Hindi or sanskrit.

Now let me tell you the problem of Tamil language....the reason why I quit learning Tamil.
we have 5 letters in each row of Ka, Cha, Da, Tha, Pa.... Total 25 letters. Understood? (Vyanganakshar).
But in Tamil, they have only 10 alphabets to indicate these 25 sounds :silly: :silly: :silly:

i.e. For the four letters...Ka, Kha, ga,Kha......they can write Ka only. So they pronounce Ganga as Kanka :silly: :silly:

Some days before I saw 1-2 Tamil friends here pronouncing Sandhya as Santhya. They can't be blamed....because they don't have dha in their alphabets....only tha.
My cousin sister in Tamil nadu...seeing my name, my uncle gave her Santhya Rani :woohoo: . Note the spelling.

That's the reason why they can't pronounce Hindi or Malayalam well. Yet my chachi pronounce Malayalam very nice.

But I have to add 1 more thing....their alphabets have two 'Na'...but in Malayalam and Hindi ...single 'na' is used to pronounce in 2 different ways.

Alphabet is for writing a language. But spoken language always comes first. Then how alphabets matter so much. Will it not be better to write every language in Roman alphabet, which has 26 ALPHABETS.

I am not able to understand you sir, but would like to know this in more details. :)

All preceding discussion was about alphabets. Sandhya told that Tamil cannot speak some sounds or speak differently because their alphabet differs. But my point is that people learn speaking first and learn alphabets later or even never. Even an illiterate person speaks. This is the way others in your community speak that trains you. Alphabet does not matter. You learn writing later. For example, Arabs cannot pronounce 'P'. They will pronounce this as 'B'. So, they will pronounce 'Pune' as 'Bune'. This is not because their language has no alphabet for 'P'. May be many cannot even read and write.

Secondly, I suggest that we should use Roman alphabet for all languages. In fact, we use Roman alphabet for Hindi and other language movies and also in SMS. Why not write Hindi, tamil etc in Roman and forget all alphabets.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Ashii
Sir, the main problem with English language is that, it can be read in many ways...so, sometimes, it's difficult to make other people understand what's the correct pronunciation. That's not the case of Hindi or other languages. We read what we write, except 3-4 letters in Hindi. I think, a word is there to define such languages.....can you name it please?
I think, the way by which Indian languages are written is the best way...no confusion also.
Am now thinking about Japanese language....I think they contain more than 3000 alphabets. They don't even have a type writer since they can't include all alphabets. I think such languages are unnecessary. Otherwise OK, by the way we write now.

Meera sandhu
Gulshan Sir, that means if we use roman script for Hindi then we will have more people who will be able to understand our language and thus it will become understandable across many countries. That in turn may benefit the language too. Am I right in my thinking?

I know hindi also and can read and write.I know english and something about sanskrit.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Gulshan Sir, that means if we use roman script for Hindi then we will have more people who will be able to understand our language and thus it will become understandable across many countries. That in turn may benefit the language too. Am I right in my thinking?

I don't think it's a big task to learn 50 alphabets :P .
Even a kid of 6 years is learning it easily. More than its way of writing,meaning of words is more important. If people are able to understand it, alphabets is not a problem.
I love Hindi for its simplicity....most words contain just 3-5 letters. Sentences also so simple. Malayalam is so complex.......we can add even 10-20 or more words to form 1 word. Combining 3 or 4 words is also so common, even in our daily conversations.

Meera sandhu

Even a kid of 6 years is learning it easily. More than its way of writing,meaning of words is more important. If people are able to understand it, alphabets is not a problem.
I love Hindi for its simplicity....most words contain just 3-5 letters. Sentences also so simple. Malayalam is so complex.......we can add even 10-20 or more words to form 1 word. Combining 3 or 4 words is also so common, even in our daily conversations.

Know what they might not be finding it difficult right now but as they will grow they will be using English language more. I had Hindi till class 10th only and now I find it difficult to write it with the same flow as I am able to write English. Though I have no problem in speaking or understanding the language. This is not just the case with me but many other people too.

Know what they might not be finding it difficult right now but as they will grow they will be using English language more. I had Hindi till class 10th only and now I find it difficult to write it with the same flow as I am able to write English. Though I have no problem in speaking or understanding the language. This is not just the case with me but many other people too.

It's the case of English also. If we stop reading and writing in English, we will forget it very soon.
Actually, our mentality is more popularizing English than our mother tongue. So, we should blame ourselves only, not our mother language :)

Meera sandhu

It's the case of English also. If we stop reading and writing in English, we will forget it very soon.
Actually, our mentality is more popularizing English than our mother tongue. So, we should blame ourselves only, not our mother language :)

Not blaming the language at all but the times don't permit the language usage much as English is the official language. Its the need of the hour but not mentality. :)

Not blaming the language at all but the times don't permit the language usage much as English is the official language. Its the need of the hour but not mentality. :)

China and Japan, the advanced countries of Asia are still communicating in their mother tongue, even for online purposes. Yes, we can't use our mother tongue or Hindi for our official purposes. Can't ignore the importance of English too. Yet, I often feel very sad seeing the fall of Indian languages.
We have a poem in Malayalam saying.....mother tongue is like our real mother and foreign languages like our step mother :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.