The topic is locked.
I am worried the way moderator team is locking threads bother me that tomorrow when I log in to Bodduan I won't find any thread to respond. :woohoo:

Well done guys doing nice job. :)

I have a doubt I think Maverick can better clear it - Is it right to lock old threads and giving the reason that they have become old now.I don't think so because daily we have lots of new users who join Boddunan and there may be some fresh responses which may pour on to these old threads. :blink:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think many new threads are also posted.Its better to reply to those posts.Yes old posts are locked which sometimes help us to write in forum.But beside that new threads are also there.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I think many new threads are also posted.Its better to reply to those posts.Yes old posts are locked which sometimes help us to write in forum.But beside that new threads are also there.

I don't see much of the threads being started lately even I am also not getting ideas these days to start threads. Let me think about it for sure I will start at least a thread daily. :)
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I am worried the way moderator team is locking threads bother me that tomorrow when I log in to Bodduan I won't find any thread to respond. :woohoo:

I have a doubt I think Maverick can better clear it - Is it right to lock old threads and giving the reason that they have become old now.I don't think so because daily we have lots of new users who join Boddunan and there may be some fresh responses which may pour on to these old threads. :blink:

Only the threads that have been discussed until they have become thread bare and repetetive have been locked ,otherwise members post for the sake of posting without adding anything new,it will be the same with any new members who too will post something similar...so my own feeling is that it is better to lock such threads :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Its better to get some idea of new topic and post those topic in the forum. Then surely we will get many new topics to discuss with.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Only the threads that have been discussed until they have become thread bare and repetetive have been locked ,otherwise members post for the sake of posting without adding anything new,it will be the same with any new members who too will post something similar...so my own feeling is that it is better to lock such threads :)

How are you so sure that newbie will repeat the same responses? :woohoo:

Did you do that when you were new here?. :woohoo:

But that's true when the same thread is discussed for long people start repeating the same response on that particular thread but that's for moderator are they should check those responses and should delete them and even warn that member. :)

Did you do that when you were new here?.
:woohoo:

But that's true when the same thread is discussed for long people start repeating the same response on that particular thread but that's for moderator are they should check those responses and should delete them and even warn that member. :)

I am just going by the normal responses members post,mostly one liners which does not add anything new to the discussion. In my case I dont think that I have ever posted a single sentence LOL good or bad I make it longer and if I have nothing more to add on the topic I just dont simply post for the sake of doing so ....I feel that members also have a responsibility to post what is relevant because moderators cannot look at each and every post...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The moderators lock only such threads that have been discussed fully and no useful purpose can be served by continuing further. In some cases, even personal gossip takes place instead of actual topic.

But the locked thread can also be unlocked if some members feel that some fresh developments need more discussion on those topics. The number of locked thread has suddenly gone up as there were no moderator for about a month. On appointment, they are clearing backlog.

Some member suggested that instead of locking irrelevant post be deleted. But deletion is a serious matter and this is proper only in case of spam and insertion of undesirable content and links.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I am just going by the normal responses members post,mostly one liners which does not add anything new to the discussion. In my case I dont think that I have ever posted a single sentence LOL good or bad I make it longer and if I have nothing more to add on the topic I just dont simply post for the sake of doing so ....I feel that members also have a responsibility to post what is relevant because moderators cannot look at each and every post...

I know you. You always post quality contents on the threads no doubt but there people who spam here and I feel its better to delete those responses than to lock threads giving the reason that they have been old now as that way we may have the chance to get some fresh responses. :)

This is my opinion but I know it cannot be implemented as then we need lots of moderators to check each and every response but then too we all are members and can report those responses to the moderators making their task much easier. :)

I know you. You always post quality contents on the threads no doubt but there people who spam here and I feel its better to delete those responses than to lock threads giving the reason that they have been old now as that way we may have the chance to get some fresh responses. :)

This is my opinion but I know it cannot be implemented as then we need lots of moderators to check each and every response but then too we all are members and can report those responses to the moderators making their task much easier. :)

I agree with that view ! Why should everyone suffer because of some members who are irresponsible ? That's why they have a report button....as you say members should use it when there is need and what action to take is left to the moderators ..

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
It is better to create some new daily to keep interest in forum. So it is the responsible to post some new for all members.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.