The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
According to Darwin theory on evolution of species, all have same origin. so first hen is derived from some other bird's egg. Hence, hen came first.

But then the hen in question also came from an egg itself. B)

Yes. But another bird's egg. According to Charles Darwin, different species evolved from same source. In very long time, different animals and birds came in existence. We have two hands and two feet. The bird wings are nothing but the hands changed. First man would also have monkey/ ape as his father.

You have summed it up pretty well. Also, Darwin's work isn't that easy to understand as people make out to be. There is lot to study.

You know if someone say that both egg and hen existed at the same time, then according to Darwin you would be right.

Now I would leave that to everyone here to figure out how ;) :)
According to a report published in around 2010 by scientists at Sheffield and Warwick universities the chicken came first. The question is perplexing. :unsure:

I think I have read that report, not sure though. But I read a similar report with the same conclusion that hen came first.

But most scientist who have come to this fact base it on the fossil finds and skeletal remains. They negate the possibility that the hen we see now could have been totally different in structure and looks thousands of years back.

Also, another popular theory is that like all living organism, hen was created from a single cell. So obviously a hen has to formed first before it could lay any eggs. However, evolution is not a fast process. It is gradual. Before that single cell becoming a hen, it could have been a thousand things and also there is possibility, like Gulshanji said, hen could have come from other bird's egg.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Sandhya Rani, Ashii
So, I go with the theory of hen coming first as we have a recent scientific report claiming that their is much of evidence supporting the theory. Though I included it in the Humor category it turned into an intellectual discussion. Great to see the change! So we have clear answer so I think the thread should be locked now.

Live in the present :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.