It may happen with anyone's life......a person visiting a tourist centre or holy place away from his state may need to communicate people speaking a different language. :pinch: . Do you have any such interesting incidents to quote here? Any troubles....misunderstandings or anything else :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So far I have never face any such problem during my any journey.. as at the most places(which i visited) people know the Hindi language.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Actually English and Hindi are commonly used. No I didnot face with such situation. Pronunciation may be a problem.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I faced this problem.Once I went to visit Assam the people over there speak Assamese and Bengali.But most of them cannot understand Bengali.I went to visit temple and got into the bus the conductor told me to give the ticket I asked him how much rupees he replied in Assamese which was difficult for me to understand.

Sharmistha Banerjee
So far, I faced language problem nowhere. English and Hindi both are spoken everywhere. There may be some difference in accent.

However, I remember my days at Tezpur (Assam). there many no neither Hindi nor English well. As I soon got aware of all routes and places in city, I had no need to talk to any one. But some times, a local would speak to me. I understood that the local would only ask time. so whatever he asked, I just saw my watch and told time as; teen tah bees (twenty past three) etc. The numbers in Assamese are same as in Hindi. Once, somebody asked me about some place. I just nodded and hinted him to follow me. On reaching nearby his desired place, I just took his hand in my hand and guided to that place.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I can understand Tamil. So, not much problems till now!!! I have never visited places outside these two states, except once when I visited Mysore palace. That also 1 day....no trouble occurred...

Meera sandhu
I can understand Tamil. So, not much problems till now!!! I have never visited places outside these two states, except once when I visited Mysore palace. That also 1 day....no trouble occurred...

I am inviting you in Bengal to visit and hope no problem will occur as I will be with u.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Once while traveling to Kanyakumari from Madurai I had an accident near Trinulvelly, the bus overturned and few passengers injured seriously. I was safe but blood stained of other passengers. The farmers in the field came rushing and helped all of us. Some of them took my shirt off to nurse my injuries despite my telling them that I was not injured, but the women (most of the farmers were women) did not understand me and helped to the full distance to find out ultimately that I was not injured. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think Hindi and English are spoken widely in all states.So people may not suffer from any language type.But many of them cannot speak this language also.So they may suffer from language problem.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I think Hindi and English are spoken widely in all states.So people may not suffer from any language type.But many of them cannot speak this language also.So they may suffer from language problem.

You may face such problem in rural area where only local language are spoken-no Eng or Hindi.

You may face such problem in rural area where only local language are spoken-no Eng or Hindi.

That indeed is the case. Once when i visited a village in Rajasthan I could not understand their local dialect. My friend had to translate everything
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.